Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SE some of the state. Where's the smallies?
Haven't been on in a while. Graduated college last year and moved down to the SE corner of the state from Moscow. I've been told there are small is all over down here but all I am finding are carp lol.

Looking for some areas that one can bank fish for smallies. I have an inflatable pontoon but the girlfriend won't want to be left on shore. We are in Blackfoot is there any spots along the snake here or do we need to go down towards anerican falls?

If we could also maybe Wade fish and hit them with the fly rods I think she would enjoy that. Been trying to teach her to fly fish on trout but some fiesty smallies or even some blue gills would be good.
[signature]
You need to go below the AF dam for smallies. There are a few places you can wade at low flow. I've waded at Mary's Mine and caught them. Massacre Rocks SP has good SMB fishing too.

If you want to try LMB fishing from the float tube, head to the Preston/Malad area. Foster, Glendale, and Crowthers reservoirs all have LMB. Crowthers has been best for me lately, and it's great with a tube and fins.
[signature]
Onieda
[signature]