Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade
Has anyone hit Cascade lately? I'd like to take my daughter fishing this weekend and dont really care what we catch....bass, trout, perch. We'll have a boat, just looking for a place to start. Thanks.
[signature]
I believe the perch are biting in the deeper water 25 FOW or so, try by the Dam and West of the Island on the drop off. Try trolling perch color Rapala's with 2 oz weight attached 2 ft in front of Rapala or use leadcore. Or you could do one with weight for perch, one without weight for trout. You should catch a few, don't overlook the shallow bays over by the sunken highway East of the island, you may want to start trolling in there first with no weight. I like the size SR05 or the SR06 shad rap in any of the perch designs will catch everything that swims in Lake Cascade. Good luck post up some results.
Matt
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to report back!
[signature]
Trolled west of Sugarloaf around 20-25 ft in 30-40 ft of water and caught 3 big trout, 2 kokanee and 1 smallmouth. Black and gold kokabow flashers and black or red kokabow spinner tipped with a worm seemed to work the best.
[signature]
Just curious. How big were the Kokes?
[signature]