Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone ever fish Redfish lake?
I am thinking about a trip to redfish lake this summer and was wondering how the fishing is. Is it a place where a person can catch fish If they don't know anything about it? When is the best time of year for fishing there and where can I find more info on where to fish and what to use?

Cableguy
[signature]
I just got back from Redfish lake at it was way cool. I had never even been in the state of I daho before last week. Anyway the best place I found on Redfish is where the water flows into in (inlet) which is to the left of the swimming beach area. We caught mainly bull trout (volly darden) which must be released from the shore using chrome kastmasters. But there are other lakes very close to Redfish that are better for fishing as they are stocked with trout and Redfish is not. Alturas, Petitte and Stanley Lake are all less than 15 miles away and the fishing is better. We went to all 4 lakes and caught fish from everyone of them incuding this nice Mackinaw I caught while trolling Stanley Lake in less than 10 feet of water with a 3 inch Rapala on a ultra lite set up. I will never forget it.[inline DSC02155.JPG]
[signature]
[quote striperdude]I just got back from Redfish lake at it was way cool. I had never even been in the state of I daho before last week. Anyway the best place I found on Redfish is where the water flows into in (inlet) which is to the left of the swimming beach area. We caught mainly bull trout (volly darden) which must be released from the shore using chrome kastmasters. But there are other lakes very close to Redfish that are better for fishing as they are stocked with trout and Redfish is not. Alturas, Petitte and Stanley Lake are all less than 15 miles away and the fishing is better. We went to all 4 lakes and caught fish from everyone of them incuding this nice Mackinaw I caught while trolling Stanley Lake in less than 10 feet of water with a 3 inch Rapala on a ultra lite set up. I will never forget it.[/quote]
wow that's a nice fish [cool] do you have to use down riggers in Stanley lake to be productive or was that fish in 10 feet of water a fluke ?
[signature]
Since I have never been to Stanley Lake prior to last week I cant tell you if this was a fluke. I did speak to the campground host before launching my boat and he said in the mornings the Mackinaw come into the shallows to feed on the planter rainbows. He also stated people were catching them deep on downriggers too. I do not have down riggers. I caught this fish within 30 minutes after arriving on the lack. It took nearly half an hour to land him because I had 4 pound test on my reel. We trolled the rest of the day and only caught one more fish which was a planted rainbow and we threw it back.
[signature]