Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach 7/7/18
Got on the lake a little after daylight. BLK was there already catching small white bass feeding on midges. Fishing was hot and heavy until about 9:30. Cloud cover went away and the sun beat down with a vengeance. Time for me to exit. Finished the day with 21 kitties. A little larger than the normal cookie cutters. Largest 29.5”. My only bump up cat.
[signature]
Good to talk to you at the launch. I have a good supply of wb bait for a night shift tonight. Hope I can do as well as you did.

Sure know what you mean about the brutal heat when the sun comes up. The cloud cover helped while it lasted but I have not been able to tolerate the heat much longer than 10:00 or so.

Three or four guys bank tangling in Goshen Bay but not much action. Stopped to talk to one guy and then realized he was Asian and did not have but a few English words... "no catch, go home." When I pulled up in my gray Chevy truck he started hurrying in all directions to gather up the four poles he was using. I think he was much relieved when he realized I wasn't a fish cop.

Hoping to post up a biggun' tonight.

BLK
[signature]
When I was a kid growing up in the '60s I wanted to be Roy Rogers. But I've put childish things away. Now I want to be ice_sled. His throw-backs are bigger than my best.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

How was the water depth of the channel?
[signature]
It is just a little less than 3’.
[signature]