Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe Fishing Questions
I will be at Ririe for a few days for the first time, starting Aug 6th I have a small raft with a finder and a trolling motor. Of course, I want to catch some fish but am not sure what to use with my setup. I don't have any kind of downrigger. Also, I'm a Utah resident so I would need an Idaho tag for the short time I'm there.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Here's my setup:

[inline OnDeerCreek.jpeg]
[signature]
If you go to the Blacktail end you should do good on Perch . You will also need an invasive spices sticker .
[signature]
Perch is good. I'd like to try for some kokes, though.

How do I get a sticker?
[signature]
The first thing you need to learn is to get your float and all of your gear ready before you back down to unload and then unload and go instead of standing there talking with others. Courtesy at the ramp is how to make friends and learn the area, not wait until you get to the bottom of the ramp and then get ready. Just a little advice. Others like to load and unload instead of sitting and waiting for someone that doesn't have everything together.
[signature]
This time of year with the water temperature. You would do best on kokannee with a down rigger near the dam . I think yo can get a sticker on line . I think they are 30 dollars for non residents .
[signature]
Any reason for that rant toward him? History maybe? Otherwise it seems pretty crass.

Mike
[signature]
Yep, I had my boat ready to take out of the water, went got my truck, backed down to get it out and it took him 15-20 minutes to take his outfit out of his truck, load his gear in it and stood there talking to another group that was putting their boat in on the opposite side of the ramp. Common courtesy everyone knows is to have your outfit ready to launch when you back down, not to get it ready on the ramp. That was the reason for my post. And it wasn't just him, There were 2 in his group who were unloading and loading their gear and then had to go park.

Never met the man before and didn't know him. As I said, it's just common courtesy on the ramp.
[signature]
duksnfish, you must have me Confused with someone else. I've never had my boat in Idaho, and never take the time you specified to launch it.
[signature]
My advice would go early say sunrise troll with dodger and pink squid I was there last wed and the water temp was 73 deg on fish finder. It got hot and the fishing slowed down and the water skiers came out by 11am I would use leaded line with banana sinker 6 to 8 in above your dodger with 3 colors of line in the water.
[signature]
If the picture you posted is you, then you have a twin that was there last week. If you haven't been there, and you swear you haven't been there before, I apologize. But, there is another person with exact outfit like the set up you had that honestly did block the ramp for over 20 minutes while waiting to take out.
[signature]
Apology accepted. It's been two years since I ventured into Idaho, and that was Island Park, before the boat.

I'm looking forward to fishing Ririe.
[signature]
It seems that people leave their brain at home.

Between the ramp issue and the water board boats. I am not against wake boards but when they cut across you at 50 ft I don't like that. I had one that cut across the back of me but he caught one line and wrap 450ft of line around his prop. He came to a stop very quickly. Then he was hollering at me for his problem.

We just kept on fishing. He ended up to get a tow and load his boat to cut the line off.

[fishon][fishon]
[signature]