Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CDA Lake
We fished CDA lake last week for 5 days. Mostly just fished for a few hours in the morning and bit in the evenings. Everyday was a new adventure. I picked Avery up and new 7' baitcaster combo and he had it figured out in no time. He was flipping jigs and casting spinner baits like a pro. He out fished everyone and caught some really nice fish. Largest SMB over 21" and 5.4#. Largest Pike 30" and 6.5#. He even let his uncle catch a pike. I also tossed in a picture of a Tench he caught as some people have never seen one. Great trip making memories!

Rod
[signature]
Wow! Thought I knew all the fish found in Idaho, but a tench was a new one for me. Had me scramblling for Google! Should have known that if there was so much as one tench in all of Idaho, Avery would be the one catching it!! One web site called tench "insanely good eating". Did you eat him? So, has anyone else on the site caught one? Thanks for sharing, Rod. Mike
[signature]
No we didn't eat it. When I was a young kid I filleted one out and gave it to my Mom to cook telling her it was bass. She only fried it about halfway done before she through it out saying it stunk. I really don't remember if it truly stunk or not. We should have tried it as we've tried every other fish in the state.
[signature]
Wow, I've never heard of a Tench either, kind of looks like a cross between a SMB and a sucker, pretty cool. Looks like Avery is growing like a weed.
[signature]
I've learned something new too! great report and pics!
[signature]
Thanks for sharing that Rod. What a great adventure. Not only did I not know we had Tench in Idaho, but I never even heard of Tench......... And I thought I was a fisherman...... [Wink]
[signature]
Should have had that Tench weighed, might be a state record. Been looking for one too shoot with my bow. The BAA bowfishing record is 3lbs 2oz. and the the State record IDFG is 4.88lbs.
Matt
[signature]
That fish is a longways from the certified state record fish BUT if I would have been thinking it would have smashed the C&R state record. Only because no one has entered a Tench yet [bobhappy]
If I remember right you guys have a shoot in Lewiston so you have a chance at getting one Matt. I was talking with a guy that lives up there and he see's them fairly often on the Snake upstream from the confluence. Good luck on your quest.

[quote hooknhunter]Thanks for sharing that Rod. What a great adventure. Not only did I not know we had Tench in Idaho, but I never even heard of Tench......... And I thought I was a fisherman...... [Wink][/quote]

You're welcome Hook!
[signature]
Lol, Avery's first pike just popped up FB from 8 years ago. He wasn't too sure about fish with teeth back then. He's upped his game over the years.
[signature]
Avery has sure grown up since the first time you posted pics of him fishing! Nice job!
[signature]
Well Avery is officially in the books.
[signature]
Very cool, Rod!
[signature]
Congratulations. Awesome young man you are raising.
[signature]
Thanks guys
[signature]
[quote AverysAdventure]Well Avery is officially in the books.[/quote]

That is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time!

Congratulations to Avery!
[signature]