Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strike
Took the grandson to CJ yesterday for a couplle of hours of fishing. Big crowd anchored off Cottonwood. We decided to dig out the bottom bouncers and Smile blade rigs instead. A fellow at the docks generoulsly gave us a couple handfuls of shrimp to use, swearing it is the best bait for all species. They did indeed hammer it. We were doing better than the anchored crew, but small perch were hammering us non-stop. Did find a few larger ones, as well as a few nice bass. Tried a few other favorite areas of ours, but the small perch must have followed us!! Didn't matter, because little Freddy yelled "another big one, Papa" every time he boated a dink, and wondered why we were releasing it. Don't know where the crappie were. Talked to a few boaters at the dock, and they had poor results. Mike
[signature]
Thanks great. Glad Freddy had fun.
[signature]
Are these sand shrimp you were using? I have tried sand shrimp for sturgeon and had a little success with it, but nothing consistent.
[signature]
Nope. His bag was straight out of the seafood section of the grocery store. Shelled, deveined shrimp usually destined for the dining table!!
[signature]
I often fish with raw shrimp, meant for human consumption, but still in the shell. I find that catfish and trout enjoy them. The fish eat better than I do. [Wink]
[signature]