Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel's
Hint taken
[signature]
A report from what seems the best well kept secret in Idaho, most are pretty closed mouth about Daniels. Thanks for the report, I always enjoy fishing Daniels.
[signature]
some places are best left hidden, the last couple years there has been multiple gems that just arent the same anymore.
[signature]
[quote Delement87]some places are best left hidden, the last couple years there has been multiple gems that just arent the same anymore.[/quote]

Apparently he felt the need to share, its not the end of the world. Not sure he needed to delete the post, at that point the cat was out of the bag .
[signature]
It certainly hasn’t been a secret to Utahns for the past 15 years. That said some times flying under the radar isn’t a bad thing. I don’t think I’ve ever posted on the Sevier River for the same reason. I’ve posted tons of reports fron 6th Dub my favorite stream in the Intermountain West but don’t usually give out more than an occasional clue where I’m fishing.Probably won’t matter too much as the best section of stream is miles from pavement and a lot of hiking without trails. Plus I usually encounter 1 mountain lion on ever trip and if I stretch it out the distance it isn’t unheard of to tun into a 2nd cat. The cats know my dogs don’t share the smoked salmon snack we have and have each only ventured down the canyon once. My dogs were happy to train them in lowly cat etiquette[laugh]. Anyways I’ll be hitting some streams in southern Utah next Saturday and then the following Wednesday through Friday but doubt I’ll post locations.
[signature]
It's not like this is the only web location to get fishing information. Facebook has several and some of them give details that would make people on this site scream...just sayin.
[signature]
I can only imagine, hearing about Facebook , want no part of it .
[signature]
[quote riverdog]It certainly hasn’t been a secret to Utahns for the past 15 years. That said some times flying under the radar isn’t a bad thing. I don’t think I’ve ever posted on the Sevier River for the same reason. I’ve posted tons of reports fron 6th Dub my favorite stream in the Intermountain West but don’t usually give out more than an occasional clue where I’m fishing.Probably won’t matter too much as the best section of stream is miles from pavement and a lot of hiking without trails. Plus I usually encounter 1 mountain lion on ever trip and if I stretch it out the distance it isn’t unheard of to tun into a 2nd cat. The cats know my dogs don’t share the smoked salmon snack we have and have each only ventured down the canyon once. My dogs were happy to train them in lowly cat etiquette[laugh]. Anyways I’ll be hitting some streams in southern Utah next Saturday and then the following Wednesday through Friday but doubt I’ll post locations.[/quote]

I never thought is was much of a secret, but its just unusual to hear a report about Daniels. Its rare you read about it on the Idaho board, if at all.
[signature]
I was actually agreeing with you. If a place doesn’t get much attention to pumping out fish then a lot of people won’t bother with it even though they are familiar with it. Also good to give a descent report somewhere to get people to make the trip and divert them from even better fishing elsewhere. You don’t have to misled people but just skip mentioning the hottest fishing locations is all it takes[Wink]
[signature]
Besides , Daniels can be tough [Smile]
[signature]