Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still kicking those cats out at Willard
Last Sat, ZUKI_BLUE and I got out and fished out of the South marina. We tried trolling for a couple of hours with no luck. We started around Freeway bay, hoping to see some boils but it wasn't to be. We headed over to the West side and started fligging it with great results. Purple or Firetiger were the hot fligs with fish after fish coming to the boat, even a double. Most were the standard size cats, 18 to 20" but there were several at 22" and one that was 23". Wind started picking up a little after noon so we headed in. Water temp was 62 degrees when we arrived, around 8am warming to 63 before we left. Water was murky everywhere we fished.
Mon, Wiperslayer and I got out to Willard around 7:30am, water temp was a little warmer, it started off at 63 degrees and warmed to 65 around noon. We did not bother to troll any cranks, went right to fligging and the cats were ready to play. Same colors as Sat worked, so we stayed with them. We stayed North of the North marina and did best a little West of Pat's kitty condo area, in 13 to 14 FOW, lots of doubles on this trip with a few bigger ones coming into the boat, including this nice 26 incher.
[inline "26 inch willard cat oct 2018.jpg"]
It's been fun this year catching so many cats at Willard but I think I hear pineview calling my name[Wink].
[signature]
Went out this afternoon and picked up eight or nine in the same area off the north end of eagle beach. 13 to 15 FOW seemed to be the trick.
[signature]
Good for you, they seem to be in slightly deeper water than they have been but they are still biting well.
[signature]
Nice catching for sure. We've been so busy with the kids since we got back in town but hopefully now that they've been moved again into their own homes we can all get back to our own lives - for us that would be more fishing - yes Pineview time is once again on the docket.
Glad to hear you guys are getting back to normal, hopefully now that it's Oct, the outrageous prices that L & L charge to launch at Pineview are over. Seems that I remember Dubob saying they quit charging Oct 1st.
[signature]
Hey Curt that sounds like lotsa fun.... thanks for the report... J
[signature]
It has been a lot of fun but it's time for a change, after hitting PV next, I'm thinking a trip up to Big Blue is in order. Usually around Oct the catching starts to improve there.
[signature]