Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry’s 10/21
Hit Henry’s with my dad and son. Arrived just before 9 am. Fish were rising but not super active. Did manage to catch five in the first hour and a half. After that it slowed down until around noon then picked up for a little while before basically just stopping. Caught fish initially on kastmasters then later pheasant tails and copper johns worked. Saw some caught on jigs as well. No monsters caught but it was fun and the weather couldn’t have been better.
[signature]
Great report and very nice pics! Mike
[signature]
Awesome, report and pictures, thanks for sharing .
[signature]
If you want to see some big fish , friend Wild Rose Ranch on face book . Up to 14 pounds . Lots of 9 and 10 pounders . Not a lot of fish being caught. But they are big .
[signature]
Thank you for the report and pictures!
[signature]
Thanks for the report. We have been three times in the last two weeks. All mornings. 7 fish each of the three mornings. The first two mornings we caught really nice fish. Sat. we caught 7 but the biggest one was 18 inches. Henrys is a strange lake. I can't wait to go again.

Windriver
[signature]
Today three of us fishing off the bank where we did great last year . 4.5 hours 5 Brookie all about 12 " .
[signature]
C'mon Curt, get that puddle cooled down so it will flash freeze the first week in November so we can be walking on it by the 10th.

Ouzel.
[signature]
[quote Ouzel]C'mon Curt, get that puddle cooled down so it will flash freeze the first week in November so we can be walking on it by the 10th.

Ouzel.[/quote] No No..... not until Black Friday.
[signature]
[quote brookieguy1][quote Ouzel]C'mon Curt, get that puddle cooled down so it will flash freeze the first week in November so we can be walking on it by the 10th.

Ouzel.[/quote] No No..... not until Black Friday.[/quote]

Don't pay attention to the Brookiemaster, he'd likely enjoy catching some 5# Brookies through a hole.
I have to go back to work on the 19th and won't have the opportunity to walk on it until just before Christmas.
I know I'm being greedy but work some magic and get it hardtopped :-)

Ouzel
[signature]
Curt, What is the temperature of the water these days? Any chance of ice before the end of next month? I know things change fast in November, so it's hard to tell... Thanks J
[signature]
I bet 3 days before Thanksgiving. I drove by swan lake this morning on the way home and it was froze . The high today in Island Park was 33 .
[signature]
Thanks Curt, that's the kind of news I like to hear. Guess it's that time of year already so I'm excited. Thanks again. J
[signature]
[quote curt69]I bet 3 days before Thanksgiving. I drove by swan lake this morning on the way home and it was froze . The high today in Island Park was 33 .[/quote]

How about an update?
Getting conflicting temperatures from the road webcam and the local news.

Ouzel
[signature]
[quote Ouzel][quote curt69]I bet 3 days before Thanksgiving. I drove by swan lake this morning on the way home and it was froze . The high today in Island Park was 33 .[/quote]

How about an update?
Getting conflicting temperatures from the road webcam and the local news.

Ouzel[/quote]

Disregard. I didn't scroll far enough to see your other reply.
Thanks for the info on the Henrys foundation.

Ouzel
[signature]
I am predicting safe ice to walk out on in less than 10 days.
[signature]
Perfect, I went yesterday on ice at 8000’ it was 3” thick but new and strong so I didn’t go swimming. Glad to hear things are looking good. I won’t be up till the end of the month but good to know it will be safe by then. Thank you. Jeff
[signature]
I may have been a little to optimistic. The wind took the cap of ice off . People were fishing off the bank today . And next weekend 40 degrees Thursday thru Sunday .
[signature]
If it capped its cold enough so it won’t take too long to cap again. Hopefully they will be wrong on that forecast. Thanks for the update. J
[signature]
Froze again last night. Hopefully to stay this time !
[signature]