Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry’s 10/21
Nice, couple more real cold nights lined up now so hope that will be enough to make it stick. Thanks for update. J
[signature]
There was a crazy guy ice fishing it today . At State Park . 1.5" of ice . He was only in 3 feet of water . Very close to the bank . It shows him in a picture holding a fish .It was very cold last night . My water froze in my camper .
[signature]
Man he must be a lot skinnier than me and had really big feet to spread the load. I would have been wet. I thought 3” was pressing my luck. Sorry about the pipes freezing, hope they didn’t damage anything. Good luck up there and stay safe. Later J
[signature]
The pic didn’t show a skinny guy but possibly big feet. I’m still not trying it til it’s thicker.
[signature]
Hopefully 3” tomorrow and continues to thicken.
[signature]
I’ve Cisco fished Bear Lake on that thin of ice and it will hold for awhile but it starts sagging on you and if anyone gets close it will crack and could dump you in. Basically it’s just not much fun. I was afraid I’d go through so much that I didn’t have any fun. I think 3” is my lower interest level and 4” if I’m taking anyone with me. But I’m pretty cautious. Later J
[signature]
Brought my 5th wheel home today , and all is good . Winterized and good for winter . I moved over into to my 84 , 34 ' motor home for the rest of the season .
[signature]
Ok guys and gals . It is -1 degree at 7am this morning in Island Park . Won't be long now for safe ice .
[signature]
Stopped at the State Park today and there were 5 groups out on the ice. Watching from a distance at a guy drilling a hole, I would guess there is about 4 inches. 2 degrees this morning.
[signature]
Excellent! I’m bringing my skates. Is the whole lake frozen?
[signature]
Most of the lake is capped, however some places look like they froze later.
Some of the ice near the State Park parking lot is extremely rough as though it froze during a high wind period. The north end still had some open water but most is smooth black ice. If we don’t get any snow, there will be some great skating on the smooth sections.
[signature]
Thanks Curt for the updates. Hope it’s not too warm up there today. My spot up here is mid 40’s today so I’m afraid the cap will go away. Too bad nice weather ruins the fishing. Later J
[signature]
It is 8 degrees right now . A friend just posted a picture from there . They are ice fishing it . No snow on the ice . Bring your cleats . This is very early for ice fishing it .seams like it is usually closer to Thanksgiving. Friends first fish on ice.
[signature]
Dang I wish I could be there sooner. Later J
[signature]
[quote curt69]It is 8 degrees right now . A friend just posted a picture from there . They are ice fishing it . No snow on the ice . Bring your cleats . This is very early for ice fishing it .seams like it is usually closer to Thanksgiving. Friends first fish on ice.[/quote]

I saw reports today on FB as well. The ice looked slick!
[signature]