Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2018/2019 Rules and Guidelines
It is getting to be that time again. There is excitement for the upcoming ice fishing season with some of the higher elevation lakes and ponds beginning to freeze. It is time to kick off our annual Utah Ice Fishing Challenge. This is a fun contest and good motivator to get out this winter to catch a variety of species and fish different bodies of water. We will follow the same format as last season. So check out the rules and guidelines below for details and sign up for the challenge. Ron

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
Utah Ice Fishing Challenge Rules - 2018/2019
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font] [font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
Welcome to the Utah Ice Fishing Challenge – 2018/2019. This year’s contest will follow the same new format we used last season. There are 5 fish categories to compete in. There will be winners for each category and also an overall winner. The contestant that posts the most species will also receive an award. See the rules below and especially Rule 4 and Rule 5 for the fish categories and scoring, and let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, corrections etc.
There is no limit to the number of contestants that can enter and there is no fee. The contest starts as soon as there is ice (be safe) and will end March 15, 2019. Winners will be announced by April 1, 2019.

Rules
How to enter – Reply to this post and follow all the rules below.
1. You must be a registered member of BFT to enter. Reply to this post and you will be added to the list of current contestants located at the bottom of this post.

2. All fish entered must be caught through the ice.
3. This is a photo-based online contest. To receive a score and ranking for each fish you enter, you must post a clear photo of your fish next to a ruler, and your banner. All photos must be taken at the lake and include a clear shot of the fish next to the tape, your banner (the BFT logo with your BFT username and 2018/2019). [font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[ul][li]Pictures should be taken with ruler laid on the ground under or next to the fish. The end of the tape and the length measurement needs to be visible (see example attached). A clear shot of the ruler with visible numbers is needed for the entry to be counted. Take extra pictures to be sure! Please do not post large pictures inline. If you want to post inline to “tell your story”, downsize, but a large photo attached to the post helps confirm the correct measurement (zoom).
[/li][li]
Please check your pictures of fish at the lake if you can. If it moves and doesn't show the full length of the fish, I'm sorry but I go with what shows up in the picture. Points are based on the photos. [/li][/ul]
There is a printable banner with the BFT logo at the bottom of this post that you can add your username to. Pictures of fish in the air next to a tape will not count for points.

4. Fish Categories – Each contestant will be given a ranking in each of the five categories (one fish in each category). [font "Times New Roman"] [/font]

[ul][li]Category 1 - Panfish - Black Crappie, Yellow Perch, Bluegill, Green Sunfish, Bullhead Catfish or White Bass.
[/li][li]
Category 2 – Trout – Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Tiger Trout, Splake, Brook Trout, Cutthroat Trout, Golden Trout
[/li][li]
Category 3 Bass – Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass and Wiper
[/li][li]
Category 4 Predators – Lake Trout, Northern Pike, Tiger Muskie and Walleye
[/li][li]
Category 5 – Others – anything else including Burbot, Carp, Channel Catfish, Whitefish, Grayling etc.[/li][/ul]

5. The contestant posting the longest fish for the category is ranked number 1 in that category and receives one point. Second ranked = 2 points, third ranked = 3 points etc. The contestant with the lowest score is the overall winner. Fish will be measured and rounded down to the nearest half inch.

[ul][li]
If contestant doesn’t post a fish in a category, that contestant receives the last place rank for that category and that score will be included in the composite score. (see example table attached).
[/li][li]
In case of a tie for longest fish, the contestant that posted first wins.

[/li][li]
Entries can be upgraded
For Example: If you catch a larger panfish but have one posted already, no problem. Post the new panfish and your rank/points may be adjusted.
[/li][/ul]

6. Utah public waters only. Reciprocal lakes count as Utah waters (i.e. Bear Lake and Flaming Gorge).

7. Posting your entries. Post your entries under a single thread on the Utah Contests board. Please format your thread title as “2018/2019 Utah Ice Fishing Challenge – (your BFT Username)”. You must post your own fish for it to get credit. Please post your photos in JPEG format on the Utah Contests forum of BFT and not links to another site. Posts must include species (common name) of fish, date caught, name of lake (No Abbreviations), and length of fish.
If you choose to, you may leave the name of one lake out of your posts. All fish from this lake do not need the name of the lake posted. The name of the lake does have to be given to one of the moderators of this board in the form of a PM though.

8. Do not challenge an entry on the open forum. If anyone has reason to contest a photo or entry, please do so via PM to me. If you notice any errors or have questions about my tracking, shoot me a PM.

9. Entries should be posted within two weeks of the catch. Post after March 15, 2019 will not count.

10. Anyone harassing another contestant for posting the name of a lake will be disqualified.

11. Anyone attempting to cheat or found cheating will be disqualified.
12. Be Safe! Have Fun!
Welcome to the Utah Ice Challenge!

Contestants
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font] TopH2O
jekern1015
SkunkedAgain
catchinon
Ahi1953
hookngrinin
icemonkey
DjHill16
ice_sled
RipnMonsterCats
TheFishSlayer
1ManWolfpack
MBM1969
ofishal chris
TheFishSlayer
MACMAN
ELOC
KOKANEE
wiperslayer1
EyLayo
Brighamfish
BrigfishJr
joatmon
RavenBlackbird
utfishassassin
MTDEW
T-Boz
[signature]
Hi Ron,
Let the games begin! Count me in once again. This season I'm going to enter more fish. I'm sure we'll see each other over on your side of the mountain when the ice shows up.

Mike
[signature]
I will give it a shot this year.
[signature]
Hey Ron and Mike count me in too! Love this contest. See you on a pond somewhere I hope. Later Jeff
[signature]
Count me in
[signature]
Im in
[signature]
Looks fun i'll give it a try.

Mark
[signature]
Sign me up please.
[signature]
Sign me up Ron. Thanks
[signature]
Alright going to the catfish contest dinner last night convinced me. Count me in.
[signature]
Great!
[signature]
Count me in too!
[signature]
So I didn't have a banner with me Sat when I went with skunkedagain. But I did go get a picture with a fish next to my ruler. Would that count?
[signature]
MACMAN and ELOC are in for the challenge
[signature]
I'm in as well.
[signature]
Put me in also, Thanks
[signature]
Just starting out. I would like to give it a try this year. Please add me
PLEASE sign me and BrigfishJr up! Absolutely love this contest. Such a fun motivator to hit new places for new fish species.
[signature]
Welcome to Big Fish Tackle and the Utah Ice Fishing Challenge!!!
[signature]
Please add me to the contest. I hoping to spend more time on the ice this year and this is good motivation! Thanks for doing it.
[signature]

jack of all tackle, master of none