Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montpelier 12/15
Took a ride up to Montpelier yesterday after getting a rather late start. Arrived around noon and walked out about 100 yards from the ramp, drilled a few holes and started catching perch and trout and a few kokanee shortly before leaving the ice.
The lake level is a lot lower than last year but the fishing is still good.
6 plus inches of good clear ice.
I usually venture out a little further but slipped on the boat ramp at Oneida my last time open water fishing and fractured a couple of vertebrae and didn’t want to push too hard, luckily you don’t have to walk far to have a good afternoon fishing at Montpelier.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I am planning to hit it a few times before the end of the month and was wondering if the Kokes were there this year. How deep were you picking those up? Also, are the perch still in the 7-9.5" range?

Mike
[signature]
The kokes were 2 feet below the ice and looked like a bunch of piranhas swarming around the bait, fun to watch. I took home 20 perch in that 7.5”-9” but threw back around 50 dinks.
[signature]
Sounds like a fun day, nice to hear it's still fishing okay even though it's so low this year... Thanks for passing on the info... J
[signature]
Thanks for the info amik! Sounds like it will be fun.

Mike
[signature]