Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston area Ice
I've been on Twin Lakes and Glendale and the both had 4 or 5" of ice. At Twin the shallow side was slow and tiny Blue gill. I got my first Lg. Mouth on the ice. And some Rainbow. And today at Glendale just perch.
[signature]
It’s good to hear Glendale has good ice. I’m planning on taking a couple of grandsons out tomorrow and was going to go to Montpelier but Glendale is a lot closer. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
how big are the perch? trying to get me 2 youngest kids on some fish through the ice. any info will be appreciated
thanks
[signature]
My first one was the biggest, nearly 10" but mostly about 8" or smaller. I kept 10 and have plenty for a perch fry.
[signature]
thanks for the info, would be great for kids if the bite is fast. do you ever catch crappie this time of year there? I've only fished Oneida in that area, mostly fish southwest Idaho
thanks again
[signature]
Maybe someone else could help with that question as this was my first trip to Glendale. I was told there is Bass, perch, crappie with sometimes big perch. And I caught a rainbow so I know there is trout also.
I'm in Blackfoot and this and my trip to Twin Lakes are my first times in the area. And I want to fish all the small lakes. Condie is next on my list.
I have property in Arizona near Lake Mead and go there for the winter. But this year I'm staying home to ice fish. It's been 5 years since I was in the ice.
[signature]
I live in Preston and fish those lakes 2 to 3 times a week. I caught 100s of crappie at Glendale this fall but I have a harder time finding them during the ice fishing season. most of those lakes have just about everything in them.
[signature]