Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic?
Anyone have up to date intel for Magic?
[signature]
Perch are on fire, north of the store on the west side. 7 inches good ice with a little snow on top.
[signature]
How big are the perch this year?
[signature]
I have never been to Magic, what’s the best way to get to the west side of the lake?
[signature]
Fished Magic today. Ended up with a limit of trout and close to a 100 perch. Let the filleting begin! I was surprised at the size of the perch. Average 8 to 9 inches, just a gee over ten. Caught my first two browns i have ever caught today so that was cool. There was a time this morning that 5 inches of my vexilar screen was all ted with perch, wide open bite for around 3 hours. Fished the far side in about 40 feet of water, trout were caught in the 10 to 15 foot range. Herr are a few pics.
[signature]
Is there a map that shows the different places a guy can acces magic from?
[signature]
Trial and error for me. I like ti fish the far side, has less people
[signature]
Also, you will see a sign that says chains advised beyond this point on far side of lake. It is a steep decline to lake. Two years ago i couldn't get out. Had to have guy that owns bar pull us out with his 1945 ten wheel army transport. Charged us 75 bucks. I would have given him the money just to fire it up....pretty cool.
[signature]
Glad to hear there's some good perch! Big trout to test your gear too. West side is usually our preferred access even though it's a drive. Always wanted to snow machine down from hot springs but don't hear much about upper lake fishing. Keep the reports up.
[signature]