Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year Ice fishing Strawberry Reservoir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_LFdoyS_7Y&t=128s

On new years day I decided to take my snowmobile out with a few of my good old friends that I've haven't ice fishing in a while. When we arrived to Strawberry reservoir it was a whopping -25'F. Took a bite to start up the snowmobile. I had to use some starter fluid to get it fully up and running especially when it's great old 2002 polaris rmk 800. Drove quite a way to get to our spot on the dirt road with some snow on it. Good solid 7" of ice with dust snow on top. Fishing was on and off through the day. Best time before and after noon for a bit. Had a few slot busters on but they snapped my line or got off by the hole.

Happy New Year everyone and hope 2019 become a great fishing year to you all.
[signature]
Thanks for the video looks like an awesome time minus the few hiccups with the heater and the reel!! I’m looking to go to the berry on Wednesday it will be my first time hitting the ice down there. Any tips on where to go if I’m not taking a sled out?
[signature]
Nice vid, looks like a productive trip. I thought on one of your last posts you were moving out of state. Do you still keep in touch with the Tye Dye Twins. Do they even fish anymore.
[signature]