Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 1-18-2019 - Better than being at work
Where: Lost Creek Reservoir
Fished the west side
When: 01-18-2019 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM

Fish Caught: 3 total - all released.

We fished in 35' FOW all the way up to the top. We had a really good time doing some sight fishing! We would drop our jigs down about 10' and stand over the top of our hole. Fish would come up to our jig, bump it and softly bite it and we could see them from the hole opening. We missed several of their bites, but it was FUN!

We marked a lot of fish on the fish finder through all the water column and had a few of bites, but the action was much slower that we had last Saturday even though we were fishing in the same place.

Baits/Lures: Tube Jig on a green jig head.

Ice Condition: Solid Ice (6") with about 6" of slush where we were.

Weather: Overcast and snowy at first then beautiful and sunny, ~30F - 35F, with a little wind.

Almost no company on the ice. I had great company with my 10 YO son. The 15 YO had to go to school. The 10 YO played hookie!

I was hoping to have a repeat of our last outing (~22 fish), but it was not to be. The road was plowed all the way to the parking lot.
[signature]
Not that great of a day catching, but that sounds like a blast. Sight fishing is one of my absolute favorite ways of fishing. Nothing really beats the excitement, in my opinion. Thanks for the detailed report.
[signature]
Got to Lost Creek at 9:30 this morning, fished over by the dam about 50 yards out. Only caught 10 fish, a mix of Cutthroats, Rainbows and 2 Splake. Missed quite a few that were not biting too hard. Fishing in 40 f.o.w., most fish caught were suspended anywhere from 15 ft. to 25 ft. Using a yellow glow tube jig tipped with a Gulp worm. The other set-up was a yellow rat-fink tipped with yellow Powerbait nugget. Ice was a solid 8-9 inches, with a little slush and 7-8 inches of snow on top. Snowing and windy in the morning, but calmed down in the afternoon. Road up to dam is good.
[signature]
Thanks for more news on Lost Creek. I am pretty sure I saw you at the damn on our way out in the afternoon. I was the guy tugging my sled up the hill with plenty of huff and puff breaks. Next time I am bringing my snowmobile... The ice was thick enough and I saw some other snowmobile tracks.
[signature]