Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this "Barney"?
On the news today.

https://kutv.com/news/local/mantua-polic...ol-vehicle

In actuality, I think the officer that was the "nemesis" of Mantua anglers for all those years, retired and this guy was his replacement.
[signature]
[#0000FF]You're right. The original "Barney" did retire. Probably very well, with all of the ill-gotten fines he generated over his career.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]The new police chief is off to a bad start. Wonder how long he will last. Might have to up his ticket quota to make up for downtime.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I watched that on channel 13 news last night and one of the comments hit home...that Mantua has long been known as a "speed trap".
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I’m all in favor of alcoholics and other addicts getting mandated treatment after DUIs. However I think all first time offenders should have a mandatory month or 2 in jail after playing Russian Roulette with the safety of the public. Plus 6- 12 months suspended drivers licence. Do these bozos end up working as a LEO again typically? Maybe if they can’t drive sober becoming a Mall Cop is a more appropriate career.
[signature]
Most likely for a 1st offense it will get pled down to something other than a DUI. POST may suspend his LEO certification for a year or two, or maybe not at all, just depends.
[signature]
The way I read this article it seems like he was not drunk or high on recreational drugs but he was impaired from the use of prescription medication, there may be more to this story with mitigating circumstances, or not.

"The chief cooperated with troopers in performing Standard Field Sobriety Tests. Troopers determined Zilles was in violation of the DUI-Drug Statute and placed him under arrest.
Zilles consented to a blood draw. and then was taken to the hospital out of concern for a potential medical condition.
[signature]
Ex-Mantua police chief has police license suspended 2 years

https://www.ksl.com/article/46648827/ex-...ed-2-years
[signature]