Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Wood Reservoir
If you’re looking for a place to take some kids and get some good action Little Wood Reservoir is doing quite well. I took a couple of my kids there and we caught 15 fish (12” or so trout, but most had good red meat) in about 2 hours. The edges are quite soft but a 9’ 2x6 I had in the back of my truck was just enough to clear the slush to solid ice and keep the kiddos dry. The ice has a couple inches of snow on top and about three inches of white ice, a two inch layer of slush, then a couple inches of white ice, and then about 12” clear ice. We caught fish on every setup we tried at different depths. Paddle bugs, jigs with night crawler, plain night crawler, and jigs with wax worms. 10 to 20 feet seemed the best depths, but like I said we caught them at all depths. We fished about 40 yards west of the bottom of the boat ramp. I even caught one 12” brookie to top off a great day with two of my boys. I’d also like to thank Idahopanfish for hooking me up with an auger and some pole holders. A great guy that was a pleasure to meet and thanks for giving me an opportunity to make memories with my family. Happy trails.
[signature]
Very cool, looks like they had fun.
[signature]