Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 2/5
Headed up to Pineview last night to give the crappie another shot. Third times the charm, right? Well sort of. Trip number 3 turned out much the same as the others. Played with the small perch early on, then caught a few small crappie. Wasn't til later in the evening before I was able to get any keepers. Ended with 5. Didn't graph near as many numbers this time, but they were still there. Still can't quite key in on what they find irresistible. I had to keep changing lures/bait. Glow seemed to help, but couldn't find the right size or presentation. Oh well, I'll keep trying. The ice was still good once I was on it, but there was some standing water and slush on top. The edge was pretty bad. Knee deep slop for a few feet.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, been wondering how most of the ponds faired with all the new storms... Hoping this cold will help those edges and give us a little longer to play... Later J
[signature]
Me and a buddy also yesterday. We got on the ice at the boat ramp with an atv.no I wouldn't recommend an atv again just because of the snow depth going down the ramp made it real interesting getting up the ramp. We fished off browning point area The fishing was really fast for small dinky perch. I landed 10 small baby crappies that were 4-5 inches and managed 1 sunfish. Only 2 keeper 10 inch perch. The ice was a solid 14 inches with about 4 inches of slushy water on top when we arrived. By the time we left it had snowed enough that between the cold windy temps and all the snow that the standing water had absorbed alot and turned to a crusty layer of ice. We fished from about 730 to 1230 and couldnt move around alot due ro near white out windy conditions. We Fished 34 ft to 38 ft of water.
[signature]
Yep weather conditions were pretty poor last night. Pretty tough dragging the gear out too. Took me three times as long and many huff and puff breaks. But, it was getting pretty cold. I'm sure some of the edge and slush hardened up a bit.
[signature]
I'm sure the ice will be fishable for a bit longer still. I didn't measure, but it was easily over 10". Let me know if you come fish it. I need to buy a ticket and hitch a ride on your 'train'. Tough sled pullin last night.
[signature]
Sounds like with those conditions my train would have been in trouble. Only dare take that on better condition days. But if I get there I’ll give you a ticket to ride. Think I’m getting spoiled to where I don’t want to fight those nasty condition days. Well it’s easier to stay home then and hopefully earn kitchen passes for when conditions improve. Not sure if I’ll make it out this weekend, but hope the cold will help improve our conditions. Later J
[signature]
i saw your tracks that parking lot is bad.
[signature]
With the warm spell amd more snow and the parking lot never being plowed just packed down, it was fun getting in and even more fun getting out. The boat ramp with a atv was pretty bad. Next time i'll bring up the snowmobile
[signature]