Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohhh Really
https://www.ksl.com/article/46491569/uhp...way-median
[signature]
Wow glad to know he's off the road .. but I'm sure he will get special treatment ..
[signature]
I dont understand the point of this post on a fishing site.The guy made a mistake and will have to pay, maybe he has family that read this site.
[signature]
Maybe the rest of us have kids and family driving on the same roads as this pice of s$!t who don't care about anything but drinking and putting every one on the road life in danger .
[signature]
Sir,

If its on KSL.com, its all over the world. It doesn’t matter if its on this site or not.

Yes, he made a great big mistake. As an officer of the law, and a chief to boot, he should be above approach and not be operating a vehicle while in this state of impairment. He rolled the dice and now he has to deal with the outcome. Based on what im reading, he has some problems that would preclude him from continuing on in this profession. He needs some help. I hope he can get it and straighten his life out. Best of luck to him and his family.
[signature]
Hopefully he was the jerk that use to sit at the bottom of the hill and run the infamous Mantua speed trip, if so he kinda got what he deserved.[Tongue]
[signature]
This is a fishing site not the national enquirer.
[signature]
The reason being is this is a FISHING site for fishing reports.What next Trump hate? I read this site and go fishing as a escape from this kind of nonsense and i think there are gentlemans rules about posting such.
[signature]
I agree, this is a fishing, hunting, guns, etc, bigfish has it all. This post however is on the off topic board. This tells me it is open to pretty much anything that a sports person would want to have conversations about. Have a great day!
[signature]
The post was moved it was posted on the fishing report board and they moved it because i complained.
[signature]
I think many of you are being too harsh and judging unfairly. One of the reports said that he was checked for blood alcohol content and found there was none. That implies he was not drinking. Sounds to me like a health issue and if his state of impairment was caused by the drugs he was taking for the ailment or simply an unknown health issue which was unknown until now, the cause was undetermined at the time of the report. That is why they took him to the hospital instead of jail.

As far as criticism for writing tickets to speeders and illegal parking at the lake, that is his job, to make people comply to the laws. If people obeyed the laws, there would be no need for his job. I doubt any of you would complain if he was issuing tickets to those who were fishing illegally. You would be giving him "kudos" for doing his job.

That stretch of highway is extremely dangerous and enforcing the speed limit law only makes it safer for the rest of us. I grew up in Brigham City. I remember all the head-on accidents that would occur on that highway. There was an ambulance call to go up the canyon very often. My Aunt and Uncle was one of them and they almost lost their lives up there. My younger brother did loose his life on that stretch of highway due to a head-on. In both cases, they were not the cause of the accident, only the innocent victim. My brother was 27 and left behind his wife and a son who was less than a year old. I lost not only my younger brother, but a great fishing, hunting and tennis partner that day.
[signature]
[quote fishroof]The post was moved it was posted on the fishing report board and they moved it because i complained.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]So why are you still complaining now that its posted where it should be?[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Because i had to read it on fish report board first .K2 muskie know the RULES and most of her posts are pointing them out to others.Its just a case of people trying to feel better about themselves at the expense of others bad experiences.Calling people POS on the internet when you dont even know all the details is chicken shiite.Whats the point? I would think a guy your age would agree.Last week it was trashing ray johnson,this week some guy in mantua.I guess you like this but I dont need to read it when i am looking for a fishing report.
[signature]
I saw this post on KSL and knowing the history of Mantua and police posted it along with another person on the same dang page. This specific town and police have been discussed numerous times on the page I OP to. You my friend need to get over yourself and what is posted on another page. If the mods move it so be it. Many things are posted on the fishing page that don’t get moved do I care nope. So go fish and have fun and relax. Geez life’s to short to get ruffled feathers over a post on a another section of this forum. [Smile]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Your sixty some posts during the past year are almost all replies to others...except for one brag post you made with pics of your fish...with no helpful info to accompany them. Your holier-than-thou attitude and stirring the pot when you got no dog in the hunt is irritating. You got no web cred dude.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]You joined BFT in April last year. Don't know how long you lurked before that. But we have had a lot of discussions on the overly aggressive traffic and parking enforcement at Mantua. Many of us have experienced first hand the abusive, hostile, even swearing treatment by the former "Barney"...who did his best work in front of young kids. And there have been more than a few folks who he followed around just waiting for them to go 1 mile over the 25 mph speed limit around the lake...and then got ticketed.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Nobody disputes that the main highway has more than its share of speeders. Once you get to the top of the hill it is common to keep the pedal down and exceed the speed limit. Most communities leave the enforcement up to Highway Patrol...but not Mantua. It has long had a well-deserved reputation as a speed trap. No telling how much money they have added to their party fund by pouncing on inattentive drivers who fail to slow down at the top of the hill. It is okay if it serves to deter speeders. But most of the ticket recipients are only slightly over the limits and are otherwise law-abiding drivers. For many it is the first and only ticket they ever get.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Unfortunate for the police chief that he got busted. But he deserved it. Whether it is alcohol or drugs, impaired driving is not safe. He should have known better. Good he got caught and became a news item. If nothing else it gives us former Barney fans a long overdue chance to gloat.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote fishroof]Because i had to read it on fish report board first . [#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]No, you didn't HAVE to read it at all. You had a choice. [/size][/font][/#800000]K2 muskie know the RULES and most of her posts are pointing them out to others. [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Absolutely false. The vast majority of her posts are informative and helpful to a very wide range of BFT members. [/size][/#800000][/font]Its just a case of people trying to feel better about themselves at the expense of others bad experiences. [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]That comment is so ridicules that it doesn't deserve a comment beyond calling it ridicules. [/size][/#800000][/font] Calling people POS on the internet when you dont even know all the details is chicken shiite. Whats the point? [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]The 'details' were published in the article that was linked and even more details were available in another link within the original article linked. Why do you even care since the comments were not directed at you? [/size][/#800000][/font]I would think a guy your age would agree. [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Why would you think that? You are going to pass moral judgement on my character with absolutely no personal interaction with me in person. My years have given me a whole lot of life experiences on which to form opinions and on which to base judgements. And those experiences allowed me to understand I had absolutely no control over where K2 placed her post and I determined that for me it was nothing more than an interesting glimpse into the continuing saga surrounding Mantua; nothing more.[/size][/#800000][/font] Last week it was trashing ray johnson,this week some guy in mantua. [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I made no judgements in either case. I also didn't come unhinged because somebody else did. They have their opinions and I have mine. I don't see, or feel, a need to comment on opinions of others when they are not directed at me.[/size][/#800000][/font] I guess you like this but I dont need to read it when i am looking for a fishing report. [#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I neither like or dislike it. Perhaps you should stop reading any and all postings on these boards the instant you determine it's not a fishing report. Your board life, and ours, will be much simpler if you do.[/size][/font][/#800000][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]And bye-the-bye, BFT does have Moderators that do a fantastic job of policing the boards on a daily basis. Apparently not fast enough for you, but one of them would have caught this and moved it without your input.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
You wrote:

"And bye-the-bye, BFT does have Moderators that do a fantastic job of policing the boards on a daily basis. Apparently not fast enough for you, but one of them would have caught this and moved it without your input."

Hear, hear! I'm sorry I took a day off and missed all the excitement. It's been fun catching up, though. Peace
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I always enjoy your eloquence and politeness even when chewing someone out. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS
[signature]
[#0000FF]Gee, thanks. I think. First time I have ever received a compliment for whacking someone. Believe me, I know lots of "words" and know how and where to use them when necessary. But on this forum we try to keep things as civil as possible...even under stress.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]