Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Columbia River

Just got back bite is starting. Got a 13.5 and 12.5 trolling cranks at nite. Water temp 41 deg.
[signature]
Awesome, I planned on it this weekend but my buddy’s had stuff.... next weekend no matter what I’ll be there!
Matt
[signature]
Thanks for the report, DonaldC. I'll be heading over to Boardman in about a month or so. Mike
[signature]
How does the license work can I fish both sides of the river with an Oregon license.
What about boat registration does my Idaho one work. Same for fish limits how does it work on this river. I have been wanting to do this for a long time.
[signature]

License works on both side of river. Which state u put in ramp suggested. No limit they hate walleyes. Can't recall think Oregon has no limit not sure about WA. Go to web sites. Id boat lic good to go. Now thru March is good time to go. Lots of info on net for walleye fishing Columbia River.
[signature]

[signature]
Is that the total number they caught was 3?
Matt
[signature]
Don't know Matt how numbers they are from ND and looking for teenerers. We got 3 big gals and 58 total for 4 days Lots of fish between 5 and 9 # so had good numbers and a few biggies. I would go as soon as u can get set up for nite fishing and take a sun flower propane heater if it stays cold. https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/wa/pasco/99301

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us...alwx_10day
[signature]
I’m leaving Friday morning by myself for a few days, got the 5lb propane tank full hooked to my big buddy heater and generator, sleeping on the boat. Should be able too scratch that Walleye itch 🙂
Matt
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Where do you recommend staying
Thanks Jim
[signature]
Depends what your looking for. There’s a good campground in Umatilla and the KOA in the Tri-Cities is good also. There are several good motel options, they are kind of spend he around the Tri-Cities, there is a fairly cheap one in Boardman that I see that a couple of times. That one is not to there’s a good campground in Umatilla and the KOA in the Tri-Cities is good also. There’s several good motel options, they are kind of spend he around the Tri-Cities, there is a fairly cheap one in Boardman that I see that a couple of times. Rodeway inn, A little nicer one in Boardman is the Riverside Lodge and grill. In the Tri-Cities I suggest La Quinta In and suites I have stayed there three times. I have also stayed in Hermiston Oregon at the holiday in express and that was nice also.
Matt
[signature]

Depends which side of the Dam u want to fish
[signature]
Doesn't Oregon require you take a boating coarse to operate a boat on oregon waters?
[signature]
What is the legal requirement for boat operation?
ALL powerboat operators are required to take an approved boating safety course and carry their boater education card when operating a powerboat greater than 10 hp. You must be at least 12 years old to operate a powerboat in Oregon. Youth 12-15 need a boater education card to operate powerboats 1-10hp alone.
Oregon Boating Safety Course: BoatUS Foundation
[signature]
Who’s boating in OR? I have a WA license and AIS permit....[Wink] also I live on ID. I believe that is for OR residents.
Matt
[signature]
We've been checked by US coast guard and County sheriffs on several Oregon waters. Idaho residents operating OR and ID registered boats. We were told there is no requirement for out of state residents to complete OR boater safety but you should have a boater safety card from your home state. ID doesn't have one. Just to avoid arguments we got ours, free, online.
[signature]
What is an AIS permit ?
[signature]
Aquatic Invasive Species permit,
Matt
[signature]