Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Last Saturday
Kent and I met up Saturday a.m. and drove to Strawberry. For those of you wondering about how the warm temps here in the Valley are affecting the Berry, you have nothing to fear. Air Temp was -3 when we arrived and 16 when we left to come home. Fishing was good as usual, Kent caught a whole slew of fish, I fished with my Grandson helping him have a good experience. We ended up hooking a few, but landing only 3, two of which were rainbow, so they came home for dinner. It was an eventful day, with Kent losing his sled at the parking lot, but after a quick adjustment, he was problem free the rest of the day... mostly. The snow was a couple feet thick with another foot of slush under the snow. The snow mobiles went fine across the top and as long as you didn't get off your machine, you would never have known the conditions were so deep. My load fell over twice on the way over to the bay (top heavy) and I had to stop, wade thru the mess and retrieve it. My grandson and I sat on the snowmobile seat and fished together in the same hole, "helping" each other, making it a "team" effort. The afternoon was eventful with Kent getting stuck twice and me getting stuck twice. After a lot of work, we finally made it back to the marina. I can't remember ever working so hard for a few fish. All in all, it was a great time with good company. Don't try and take a wheeler up, you will not get very far if any distance at all. If the temps stay cold, in a week or so, things will harden up and then you might consider using one. Attached is a short video I made of our trip.
[signature]
Yep, the catching was fast and furious for the couple of hours that I fished.

Definitely an adventure that I won't soon forget.
[signature]
Sounds like it was a lot of work.[pirate]
[signature]
Thanks for the update. I'm heading up in the morning and hoping it's as good as last, Monday.
[signature]