Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Catfish Contest SkunkedAgain
Okay copy the title with your screen name, then in the posts you will add your fish info like.

Date: 3-1-19
Measurement: 32"

Just an example... then post a picture of your fish that will show the measurement clearly and a copy of your placard in the photo... This post is an example... all posts following will be my 2019 entries... Later Jeff
[signature]
3-18-19
Cutler
3 X 8” Mudcat’s

[#ff0000]Hey, Jeff! Nice Trio of mudders! [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]
[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]3 - Black bullhead catfish - 8 [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]
[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Good for 24 points. Remember your banner next time, eh? [Wink][/#ff0000]
[signature]
That's a fine kettle of fish if I do say so myself. I had about decided that I wouldn't post any mudcats this year, but since you have I'll post some too if that's all I get to start with. Do ya think those guys are all from the same age class? Like peas in a pod.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Why not post Mud cats? They count as Cat Fish, and could be winners on the Small Cat end of the contest
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I ended up with seven of them all within 1/4" in length of each other.... Pretty sure they were all same age class... I know most would never enter such small critters, but that was all I was catching and since I know the score keeper I figured he'd be okay with it... Then I have something to bump... Later J
[signature]
3-22-19
Bear River
20.5” channel

There go the black bullheads! Good bump!

Channel catfish - 20.5

[signature]
3-22-19
Bear River
21.5” channel

Channel catfish - 21.5
[signature]
3-22-19
Bear River
17.5” channel

Channel catfish - 17.5"
[signature]
It looks like you are starting off like I did last year--start small and work your way up. I didn't catch my biggest fish until October. But knowing you you'll have a 30"er before we know it.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I figure if I don’t record them till I get a big one, I’ll never get one on the board. So I bump them up one at a time till they get big enough I can’t get anything better. I know most guys don’t waste their time on these little guys but it gives me a mark to shoot at. And besides the north needs some catching up points. As far as a 30”er goes that’s the goal this year so I hope you’re right.

You need to get at least your 26”er on the board, it will bump your team score. Not that you need more points now, but you will before it’s over. Well good luck. Later J
[signature]
3-25-19
Cutler
25” Channel

Nice!

Channel catfish - 25

[signature]
Good going Jeff!
[signature]
Thanks Ben, it was nice to finally get one with some shoulders, lot of difference between 21 and 25. I hope to see the difference between 25 and 30 someday. I’m sure that will be a real difference. Boy that one you got was a monster. I’ll bet he was fun to catch? I thought when I caught that fish it was going to be the start of a fun night, but only mudcats after it. Still fun but maybe next time. Thanks for well wish. Jeff
[signature]
3-26-19
Cutler Res
21” channel
[signature]
3-26-19
Cutler Res
26” channel

Jim now I know how you feel I just missed the half inch line too. Man what a great fighting fish, it was a total blast. Later J

Way to get after them, Jeff!

Channel catfish - 26

[signature]
3-29-19
Cutler Res
28” Channel

Very nice. Good lookin' cat with an 18" stash!

Channel catfish - 28

[signature]
Good one Jeff. Best part is that the bigger ones are out there just waiting to be caught!

Keep ‘em coming.
[signature]
Thanks Lynn,
The other night when I was out there it was just like a pod of killer whales came in and all the carp were acting weird and taking off and then a couple channels breached the surface and a little later I caught the 26"... Today I seen what I think was a channel sticking it's dorsal fin out the surface just a little while before I got this one... Kind of weird, but I think they travel in hunting parties and when they come through they aren't too hard to catch, but getting in front of one of the pods... That's the hard part and the part I can't figure out yet... But I keep dreaming that I might some day... Thanks for the well wish and good luck to you and the posse' as well... Later Jeff
[signature]
Might be time to break out the drone and get a bird's eye view of the situation. Could bring a whole new meaning to run and gun.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
That would be so cool if you could spot them on the hunt... Now you got me thinking on who I know that has a drone??? Wonder if you could see them in the murky water? If so that might be a great idea to spot them and then go cast to them... Kind of like steelheading... I like your idea a lot... If you have a drone, you'll have to let me know if you can see anything... Thanks J
[signature]