May 26, 2019

Bear River Bird Refuge

27 inch on Carp meat

[#00bf00]Good for 27 points... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
This Catfish Contest thing can be tough work once you get up into the 80 plus points. Can be hard to get fish that bump that score by more than a 1/2 to 1 point at a time.

Kind of what I did today. Another 1 point bump.

Bear River

1 June 2019

28 inch

[#00bf00]Forest nice fish, hey that one looks like it would have been 28.5 if you could have had a hand on it to lay it straight. I think you deserve the 28.5 unless you tell me otherwise that it really was only 28... PM me if I should reduce the score... thanks J[/#00bf00]
[signature]

Cool
Nice Forest! I was hoping you'd become a member of the 30+ club today, but a 28" is a big fish. Man she looks fat! Way to go!
[signature]
Jeff, as much as I would like that extra .5 inch, using one hand on the fishes head and one to pinch the tail, the best I could get with the head at the end of the measuring stick, and the tail pinched (and even stretched a bit [Wink]) was 28 3/8". So lets just leave it at 28.
I'll live with that. Maybe even be able to bump one of the other 27 inchers soon.
[signature]

Cool
Thanks Forest, appreciate that... 28 it is... Jeff
[signature]
Bear River

14 June 2019

Night Crawler

6 inch Cat

I know it isn't the smallest on the contest, but thought I'd put it in here anyway. [Image: bobwink.gif]

[#00bf00]Nice Forest, good for 6 points and it's a channel, that's cool.... most do mudcats for small ones...[/#00bf00]
[signature]

Cool
Well I didn't poach BLK's 32 incher, but I got a 2 inch bump out of our trip to Utah Lake this weekend. [Wink]

28 July 2019

Utah Lake

29" Big ugly male Channel on cut White Bass at Bird Island.
10 lb. 6 oz.

[#00bf00]Nice job Forest, good for 29 points... way to get in the top ten...[/#00bf00]
[signature]

Cool
nice Forest.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Wow, nice cat Forest! Looks like you might have got another 1/2 inch out of it by the picture angle. I know it's hard to get them to hold still. Still very nice and a good bump for you and for the north team.
[signature]
Thanks Paul.
Yea, it looks in the photo like either the measure stick isn't lined up or the fishes nose is off the end. We took about a dozen photos from different angles, all come out the same. That yellow 48 inch contractors ruler is metal, and the numbers show up good in the photos. It is right to the edge of that fishes mouth, but because the head is so big, you can see it. In order to be sure I get the whole fish, the placard, and the tail measurement, I have to take the photo from straight up above.
I would rather have Jeff think I measured a bit short than a bit long. I'll take the 29" and be happy with it.[Wink]
[signature]

Cool