Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body found at Willard Bay today
This hurts to hear.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46500581
[signature]
Not good [Image: sad.gif] Didn't know the man, but send condolences to his family if they happen to see this forum.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Sad to hear, does anyone know what happened? Was he fishing and fell in? Water is so cold now, it's not a good time to make a mistake that puts you in the puddle..... Sorry to hear the Sad news, especially for the family.. J
[signature]
Very Sad, just a reminder to be VERY careful when fishing alone. He supposedly launched a boat from north marina.
[signature]
Oh thanks for the update. With all the crazy things going on these days I didn’t think it would be a fishing accident so that kind of made it soak in a little more how careful we need to be. Thanks for the update. J
[signature]
[#0000FF]Wow. That brings back some haunting memories. On a first trip to Willard 3/16/2010 I didn't do so well fishing, but figured I was lucky. I brought home two souvenirs. One was a nice mallard decoy I found floating around. The other was a brand new kayak paddle...with the price tag still on it. (see pics)[/#0000FF]

[#0000FF]A couple of days later I learned that someone had drowned off Pelican Beach...while in a Kayak. I called the State Park office at Willard and told them of the paddle I had found. They asked if I could relinquish it for their investigation...which I did.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]The Sad "rest of the story" is that it turned out to be a guy from Idaho who bought the kayak new and headed south to the only open water he could find. That was Willard. And they determined that he had committed suicide...due to some personal problems. Evidently he just paddled out and rolled the yak over.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Neither myself or either of the other guys with me had even a sniff that day. We wondered if there was some kind of curse on the lake.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
It was just a few years back that another guy died out there, about the same time of year, while fishing from a boat. They found the boat still running, I believe, around the Feed lot and figured he fell overboard without a life jacket. I guess the water was too cold for him to make the swim to shore or he died trying. It was what prompted many of us to get those self inflating life jackets. Sure hate to hear these kind of stories.[Sad]
[signature]
If I remember my Air Force Survival training correctly, your time of useful consciousness in 40° water dressed in street clothes is 15 minutes or less. That's when your brain shuts down. Your muscles shut down in a lot less time.
[signature]
You don't have long and in water temps lower than 40, you have even less time, I would think.[:/]
[signature]