Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jig Manufacturer Help
I met a guy at Flaming Gorge quite a few years ago that claimed he was the founder of Fresh Water Basics. He gave me a few pointers...told me that the small tubes that you used to be able to get that were were colored on one side with eyes...were to be fished SIDEWAYS. (Eyes on top and bottom...not side to side). I tried his theory a few times but didn't notice any difference. I DID notice a difference when I started not being able to first find the colored tubes...and then more recently not find them at all. Had to find a new supplier.
I realize this really has very little to do with the topic, but I'm bored stiff and mad at this lousy weather and have nothing better to do than surf the internet. Plus my post count is pretty low for being on here for 15 years... Smile
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
The thing I liked about Freshwater Basics is that they packed only a few items in each bag. That allowed me to try out a range of different type/color/size lures without spending a lot on bags of a dozen or so - which may never get used if they don't produce as hoped.

If they're gone, I'll miss them.
[signature]
As of two years ago, Jared Johnson of Rocky Mountain Tackle fame, told me he owned Freshwater Basics. I think he may even have an account on here.
[signature]
Yes, Jared used to post on here, but hasn't logged on since 2012.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_page;pg=user_profile_view.html;username=sockeyeslayer"]Link[/url]

As mentioned, Jared owns Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Freshwater Basics and perhaps a few other fishing tackle suppliers. As of a few months ago, Freshwater Basics was still up and running, so I'm surprised that some are reporting their demise.
[signature]
Im not sure where everyone is getting their information at, but as a few folks have mentioned, Jared Johnson owns Fresh water basics. Jared is located in Spanish fork. Fresh water basics is still alive and well. Jared will be at The Salt lake ISE show this next week with a good assortment of Freshwater tubes, grubs and other tackle needs.

Go to the Rocky Mountain tackle web site and Jareds information is there. Reach out to him and let him know what you want and need. I will get with him and pass on this info to him.

I know that Smith and Edwards has a pretty good assortment. IF Sportsman’s is out, its most likely do to them not getting their orders in to Jared.
[signature]
Just got off the phone with Jared. The pictured grub along with all of the other hot tubes for the berry and more will all be at the ISE show this Thursday through Sunday at the Mountain America center in Sandy.

Sportsman’s is not carrying fresh water basics, however they can be found at Anglers den in Roy, Scheels, Fish tech, many of the marinas and Smith and Edwards in Farr west.

The prices on these baits and More will be cheap and the best you will see along with availability of colors and sizes. Come out to the Rocky Mountain tackle/velocity fishing and Radical glow booth and stock up!

Mark
[signature]
I found an old package of mine. The website shown is rockmountaintackle.com.

I have not tried it yet, but it is worth a check. Yes, the package shown Spanish Fork, Utah, but not a physical address.

Edit, I thought it looked familiar, so I checked it out. Weird, I was correct that it was familiar, they provide much of Sportsman's koke fishing stuff, and some of the most popular.

BUT, not a word on the website about Freshwater Basics or the soft plastics we are talking about. Well, at least not that I found. Just strange to my eyes.

Still suspect that the S&W stuff, and the other, is leftovers. But, only time and some else's research can answer that.

I think I have found a dead end to my efforts. [pirate]
You might have missed this:
[quote RILEYFISH]Just got off the phone with Jared. The pictured grub along with all of the other hot tubes for the berry and more will all be at the ISE show this Thursday through Sunday at the Mountain America center in Sandy.

Sportsman’s is not carrying fresh water basics, however they can be found at Anglers den in Roy, Scheels, Fish tech, many of the marinas and Smith and Edwards in Farr west.

The prices on these baits and More will be cheap and the best you will see along with availability of colors and sizes. Come out to the Rocky Mountain tackle/velocity fishing and Radical glow booth and stock up!

Mark[/quote]
It was the post above yours. RILEYFISH is on the Pro Staff of Rocky Mountain tackle and Jared is one of the owners.
[signature]