Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers License
In December I renewed my driver license which after about a 2-3wk period I received my new card. Yesterday I received from the drivers license division another card with a change on it. The sample picture I posted shows an arrow pointing to a star that's been added as an additional indicator for federal usage. I now know this is a change most of us will more than likely see on their cards. Has anyone heard of any reason or background on what this indicator represents?
[signature]
Something to do with Federal changes to TSA approved ID's. The star means it is a federally backed ID, without the star it's only a State backed ID.
After October 2020, supposedly, won't be able to board any flights without the star on your ID.
Type "star on drivers license" into any search engine and will find quite a bit of info on it.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
Thanks, I looked it up. Sounds like some rebellious states not wanting this.
[signature]
[quote Bduck]

Sounds like some rebellious states not wanting this.

[/quote]

Yes, and Utah was one of them and as a result it is going to cost us taxpayers $2.4 million.

[url "https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900045091/no-need-to-worry-about-gold-stars-for-utah-licenses-but-make-sure-your-address-is-up-to-date.html"]Link[/url]
[signature]