Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAWDADS AT CJ STRIKE
My kids built some Crawdad traps and want to go to Strike and see if they can catch some of those mud bugs. We have no experience with this so any advice on where to drop the traps (narrows, etc.), what to use as bait, etc. would be much appreciated. If there are other good areas within 1.5 hours of Boise please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
[signature]
I usually us, chicken or whatever is freezer burned in the freezer.
[signature]
CJ bugs are the largest species of crawdads in the US. do you have a boat? target them in areas that look like the narrows, lava shoots coming down into the lake. they are in those rocks, and you'll be surprised how many you can catch. Some locals have commercial fished them in the past and have supplied the Y bar with there bugs for the yearly feed. I haven't done well on canned cat food, chicken out of your freezer is good. look at the regs, I believe you have to have your name and license number maybe on your buoy or trap, there's some things required I far as I can remember. around goose island is also a good area along with the mouth of the narrows SW side towards state campground.
[signature]
Use floats at CJ and be prepared to lose your traps. I've watched folks pull my gear several times.
[signature]
Why I have a rifle on my boat.
[reply][/reply]
[signature]
150 boats in the narrows, the crappie bite is on. There are no rules or manners at CJ.
[signature]