Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Catfish Contest Gaardvark
Caught 3 today at Cutler. Didn't have my placard, but had an extra phone, so I put the logo up next to the fish. I'll be better prepared next time for sure. I doubt these are top 20 finishers, but they get me on the board at least and are my first for the year.
All were measured from the 2" mark up, so deduct 2 inches from where the tail ends.
All caught on sucker meat.

23 inches
24 inches
24.5 inches

[#00BF00]I got 23.5, 24.5 and 24.5 that is assuming that you were seeing something that I didn't because I would have given you a half inch more on the bigger one... Let me know if I need to, it looked like you were at the 1.5" mark not the 2" mark to me... except on the last fish I scored... and my math isn't the best in my head so if I didn't subtract right let me know... nice outing.. J[/#00BF00]
[signature]
Got to spend Friday fishing with a young adult daughter. Beautiful weather and great company.
We fished Cutler marsh with no luck in the AM, so moved up to Clay Slough in the PM. It was a slow day, but I got one to bump my score at 26".
She caught two, one at 15" and another that she first said was not big, but as we got it up to the bank she offered to let me land it. I declined as it truly was her fish, but it measured out to be 29". (grumble grumble) All were caught on sucker meat.

26" channel cat
Cutler reservoir

[#00bf00]Nice job getting a bump 26 points, sorry the 29 didn't grab yours, but thanks for being honest and not reporting it as yours... Glad you got to spend a day out fishing with her... Later J[/#00bf00]
[signature]