Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zonker
Anyone fish the Escape Zonker tube and what’s the difference between it and the regular Escape? I’m looking for a suv sized tube with oars?
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sorry for the delayed reply. Have been out of town and computer challenged.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I have the older model Escape. It is tricked out with electric motor, sonar and all the PVC trinkets I could think of. I think some of my add-ons might have been the inspiration for Dave to make the enhancements on newer models...like the improved seat and the motor mount.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]The old inflatable seat was a nightmare for me. I am a big guy and the seat was not long enough. That, and a poorly designed pressure release valve had me sliding out of the seat. I had to add on a boat pontoon float to even use it. And I had to make my own motor mount.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I removed the oars. They work, but are almost useless if you have long legs and try to use the foot bar. Your knees are up to your chin and no room to work the oars.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I do like the new hard seat setup.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]If you need something bigger, look at the Renegade. A bit larger than the Escape but with so much more space and floatation. I had one and the only negative I had was that I use mostly fin power while fishing. And the Renegade takes more energy to move around all day...and is more subject to being breeze-blown.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I don’t Need a bigger boat by suv sized I meant one that would fit into a suv. I’m going to get back into tubing and at first going to breakout my fishcat that I have now. If the old body is ok with that then looking for a few options to get me around faster. Like wise going to breakout the fairy rods to see if I remember how to do it. Plans for the maiden voyages are Payson lakes and other smaller bodies of water
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sorry. Anything not clearly understood is misunderstood.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Your Fish Cat will do fine unless you are "plus size". I am. And I fished comfortably from the larger Fat Cat for quite a few years. I could carry it fully aired up in the back of my Blazer...or partially if I needed extra space. If I brought two tube...while my wife was still tubing a lot with me...I could strap one down on my roof rack. See pics.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Good luck and let us know how it goes.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]