Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of Planer Boards
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]If you want build your own, you can look at this thread from 2008 and DIY. You're welcome. [cool]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Go here: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=415914;search_string=planer%20boards;#415914"]Make Your Own Planer Boards[/url]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Wow there was internet way back in 2008? [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Yes, but you had to link up through a telegraph line. And the computer was pedal powered unless you had a squirrel or a hamster.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

HAHAHAHA Still better than I am using on base right now.
[signature]
[quote TheFishSlayer]Wow there was internet way back in 2008? [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Yep; there was. Vacuum tubes were being replaced by transistors and TRS 80 computers were state of the art. Ahhh! The good old days. [Wink][/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
TRS 80 - Prodigy dial up takes me back to the 80s
[signature]
Remember when the world was going to come crashing down due to computers when the year 2000 decided to roll around.
[signature]
Bob, I took these plans last winter and had a lot of fun making my own planer boards. Worked great. It was a little hard to get the two angels and I am sure they are off a little, but they pull great and have helped me catch fish.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Yeah, getting those angles is NOT for the unskilled woodworker. I had to take mine to the Hill AFB Hobby Shops wood shop and it still took us over an hour to figure a way to do it. [Wink]
[/size][/#800000][/font]

[#800000][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"]But they sure do work good.[/font][/size][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Hey Bob. How fast do you need to troll to get them to pull out? Would .5-1 mph be to slow? When drifting for cats(I call it strolling) the speed is slow. I now use small boards and they work fine. But being able to fish without pulling the boards in after each hookup seems like a good plan.
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]They will work at slower speeds, but you CANNOT make sharp turns or you'll have a mess. The inner board will stop tracking and could cause a problem. They work best at 1 mph or greater.
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah