Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owyhee Reservoir Report?
Will likely be heading to owyhee Saturday to try and find some crappie. Has anyone fished it this spring? I’ve heard a few reports of people finding a few fish, but nothing reliable. Grew up fishing owyhee a lot but I haven’t been out there for a few years and looking to get the boat out with my dad. Any info would be appreciated!
[signature]
2 weeks ago there were big schools around the elbow, but we were bass fishing. Caught lots for nice bass.
[signature]
Thanks for the information. Beautiful fish! I’m sure we will do a little bass fishing along the way as well.

I’ll give a report when I get back!
[signature]
Made it out today and had a great day. Caught more than we could count and ended up keeping about 50 or so that were on the larger side of average for what we were catching - about 10-10.5 inches.

Most fish were 9 inches. Chartreuse jigs worked best, but probably didn’t Matter when you were on them. Some fish moving shallow, but majority of fish we caught were suspended over structure in 25-30 feet of water.

Caught a few bass, but didn’t spend much time fishing for them.
[signature]
Sounds like a great day, did you notice what the water temp was?
[signature]
Definitely a good day! Water temp in coves when we left about 2:30 was 58 degrees, approaching 59. When we launched it was 55 degrees and main lake temps maxed out (from what I remember) about 57 degrees.
[signature]