Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat fish contest 2019
April 25th 2019. Todays catch at Lincoln Beach. A nice 28 inch Cat weighing 9 lbs.

[#00bf00]Way to go Mrs. J, great fish again and good for 28 points... Next time you catch a fish instead of making a new post on this contest board, just go to this post and hit the reply option and it will let you make the next post as part of this record. That way I'll have all of your fish in the same spot. Thanks J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Nice cat! Take a little time and show hubby how it is done. [Wink]
[signature]
May 13th 2019 I caught this nice 29" cat weighing in at 10.2 lbs. Richard (R2U2) and I had a blast today at Utah Lake using the White Bass bait we caught last Friday. We fished about 3 hours. We caught 12 nice ones weighing in at 74.2 lbs total. We ended up with 17lbs of filets. Three times our line broke using 10 lb line, Richard said we need to get some 40 lb test line, and maybe then he could catch one bigger than mine. Yahoooo!!!! Violet

[#00bf00]Way to go, nice fish and incredible trip... I'm seeing 28.5 points on that one, it doesn't quite cross the line.. But congrats.. J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Hey Violet, nice dozen there ! Gonna be a big fish fry.

You may want to try some braided line. Brand and weight is pretty much up to your personal preference. I have been using 30 lb. Spider Wire GloVis (so I can see it). Not had any break offs by fish. Have had a couple snags on the river I had to break off purposely. But have only caught several Carp on braid this year. Also trying a spool of 30 lb. Mono, Orange Catfish line, that's so I can see it too. So far all the Cats I've caught this year (only 4) have been on that orange mono. No breakoff's. It does stretch a bit, and it sure isn't made for any finesse casting. But with a big chunk of cut bait on a 6/0 Circle hook, and a couple ounces of weight, the line stays on the bottom real good, and I can see it all the way to the water.

Anyway, nice batch of Cats you guys got. Say hi to Richard.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Ditto on the 30# mono. I can see it and it holds up great. I also use 50# Trilene Biggame for the leader. Way to go Violet!
[signature]
Is that line the Stren brand?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Yep. Got a 500 yard spool for $9.99, so thought what the heck, not a big loss if I don't like it.

[inline "(011) Feb 2019 30 lb Orange.jpeg"]
[signature]

Cool
Where did you buy it? I have been looking at the Whisker Seeker line but it's about double the price with shipping.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I think I found it on-line at Walmart
[signature]

Cool
Good going Violet! Keep’um coming.
[signature]
Sorry I missed posting this one, I thought I did, but who knows where it went. 27.5 inches. Lincoln Beach June 15th 2019 This will bump me a half point.

[#00bf00]Good for 27.5 points... nice job... [/#00bf00]
[signature]
28 inches
July 29th 2019
Utah Lake

[#00bf00]Good for 28 points very nice...[/#00bf00]
[signature]
28 1/2 inches
August 9th
Utah Lake
This was a very fat fish. the bump board is 6" wide and his belly was hanging over the side. We weighed it and the scale said 18.4 but Richard said he thinks there's something wrong with this new scale we bought.
[signature]
Hey Violet that’s another great fish, my computer is down so I had to use the phone for this update. Anyway good for 28.5 points. Congrats J
[signature]
Utah Lake
29 inches @ 1235
August 29th 2019

Utah Lake
Second 29 incher @ 1405
August 29th 2019

[#00bf00]Great job good for 29 and 29 points... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Looks like you had a great day! Keep em coming!
[signature]
is that 2 twenty-nines on the same day great job
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Yep!! An hour and a half apart. The first one in 5ft., the second one in 7.7 ft.
[signature]