Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
240 K travel plus ? Draft dodger
Interesting that decorated Marine Ollie North was forced out of his position as President of the NRA after it came to light that its CEO billed a very questionable $240,000 for foreign travel without adequate documentation. First off the LaPierre milks $5 million in annual salary. There are the usually concerns of draft dodging common to cowards like him- https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nra-le...-disorder/
My understanding for North this was an unpaid position. His trying to get accountability from what would appear to be a racketeering wimp doesn’t pass the sniff test for extortion in my book. If this was the military in North’s day Wayne would being looking over his shoulder knowing he was marked for fragging. Sounds like the wrong person was forced out. The legal system will try to sort of the CEOs possible criminal actions but these multimillionaires are seldom held to the same standards of the rest of us.
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'm an Endowment Life Member of the NRA and I'm of the same opinion when it comes to that POS LaPierre. And the current NRA BoD's unanimously voted that POS back in as Executive Director. I DO NOT give money to the NRA anymore and will continue to not do so until that POS LaPierre is gone for good. I do support the Firearms Coalition headed by Jeff Knox and I understand that the Gun Owners of America Organization is another worthwhile advocate for Second Amendment rights. While the NRA is the largest member organization in the game, they certainly aren't the only player. And from several different sources, I was able to determine that the reason Mr North decided not to seek a second term as NRA President was because that POS LaPierre had uncovered some less than favorable information (dirt) on North and threatened to release it if North proceeded to go after the POS LaPierre. A shame really, since North is for the most part an honorable man and a good spokesperson for the NRA.
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
At the risk of inciting some ire, I just have to add my feelings about the NRA. I quit when it became the National Handgun Association. I have nothing against handguns but don't find them useful as hunting tools, my main interest. Just saying. Peace.

BTW, I didn't know you were a big duck hunter until I saw your license plate at the Flotilla. So does the du part of your username stand for Ducks Unlimited?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[quote catchinon]BTW, I didn't know you were a big duck hunter until I saw your license plate at the Flotilla. So does the du part of your username stand for Ducks Unlimited?[/quote][size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Yep. I was a DU Sponsor for about 15 years when I was still gainfully employed. Retirement income requires less charitable donations and being a DU Sponsor wasn't on the list anymore. I haven't been to a DU event in about 20 years. But I still hunt waterfowl about 40 days a year.[/#][/font][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
When I was a young man in Colorado I was an avid duck hunter. It was all jump hunting on small farm ponds and little creeks/ditches. I have done very little duck hunting since I have lived here but spent one memorable day jumping ducks up out of a big marsh. Have never really hunted over decoys nor done a lot of pass shooting. You are a blessed man to spend so many days duck hunting.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Story only gets worse with the failure to investigate $97,000 a day in legal fees.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/leaked...7Kz#page=2
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Yep! More and more information comes out almost daily about just how much trouble that POS LaPierre has gotten the NRA into over the years. It's absolutely mind boggling to me that the NRA Board is STILL supporting that POS LaPierre.[/#][/font][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah