Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackfoot Reservoir
I'm going up to Blackfoot Res Friday and I will report when I get back. I'm posting early to remind everyone that Wipperhunter has a contest going now. Check his post.
[signature]
My favorite spot to bank fish I think is called P&D point, or PD point. It's on the West side around 10 miles south of the dam on Government Dam Rd. Then you need to follow a little fairly bad road or trail way down a fence line to get to a great grassy bank to fish.
[signature]
Now the people that first took me to PD point had what they called the Menage-de- qua. Or something like that.
You start with a #2 bait hook and take about ten corn kernels and thread them up onto the line. Then the marshmallow also goes up onto the line. Then a power bait nugget and last the night crawler.
One time in the middle of the summer I went to PD and there was an older couple that had been camping and fishing there for a week with marshmallow and worm. And they hadn't had a bite. I pulled out some corn and we all started catching 5 lb Rainbows.
[signature]
Menage a trois [Wink]
[signature]
It was slow fishing Friday. I might have missed the ice off bite. Or it might just be the cold. There was one person there when I got to PD point. He caught a big sucker right after I got there. He didn't want it so I have my sucker meat I've been trying on the Snake River for. Then he caught a small rainbow. I started with my manage on one pole and fresh sucker meat on the other. I had one bite on sucker meat, then got a two pound rainbow. My new friend then caught a 30 lb. Carp. And that was it. We both gave up at 1:30.
I am going to go back Monday a n d try it once more after a couple warm days.
[signature]
Menage a trois: corn, marshmallow and worm.
Manage a qua: corn,marshmallow,power nugget and worm.
[signature]