Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18 inch rainbow trout
Hello,

Today, I was at Wilson Springs here in Southwest Idaho, and I caught an 18 inch rainbow trout. The limit in Wilson Springs is 2, unless you are in the trophy pond, which the limit is zero.

Fortunately, I was not in the trophy pond. I wanted to show you all this picture. I broke my personal record for largest trout today.

The picture is attached.

Jared
[signature]
Nice
[signature]
Jared, nice fish. That fish is 19" w/o any exaggeration. Rare;u see anyone on this site go in the direction of "downsizing" a report!!!!! Congrats, Mike
[signature]
My mistake. Looking at the picture now, I must have misread the tape measure when I measured it. Sorry about that.

Either way, I got Mother's Day dinner!

By the way, when you said "rare," did you mean the size of the fish or the fact that I was an inch off? Just curious.

Jared
[signature]
Here's the story of how I caught the fish. This was posted on another Forum, by the way.

Before I start, keep in mind I'm not the kind of fisherman who exaggerates his stories.

I was walking along the path of Wilson Springs pond, while walking, with my fly rod in hand, I see this massive trout in the Shallow Water Swimming slowly. I got my fly ready, and I put my fly in front of him.

No bite.

After 10 minutes of following him and trying to get him to bite my fly, he did. I hooked him right away. I was so excited that I yelled out, "I GOT HIM! ITS AN 18 INCHER! ITS AN 18 INCHER!"

( looking back now, I shouldn't have done that, but, I was excited in the moment. Oh well.)

I immediately got the attention of the other 9 fisherman there. They all came to me, and were watching.

I got the fish in, and pulled him out of the water. Everybody there was amazed at me. They were all getting pictures, which I didn't mind at all. One guy said to me, "I have never seen a rainbow trout that big. He looks about 2 years old."

Well, that's the story.

Jared
[signature]
Nice story.
[signature]
Thanks Jared, for sharing that. Congrats.
[signature]