Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to see a TON of Bald Eagles? (OT)
There is a whole bunch of bald eagle's that have stopped off here in Utah. There is typically 10-25 of them in a few trees in an Area in West Bountiful.

If you want to see then follow this link provided. You can either plug in the coords for you GPS or click the map that is from MapQuest and zoom in to find the street yourself. It really is an amazing site and they will be gone probably by March. Don't miss out on this creature that also enjoys fishing!

[url "http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=db0e0701-43cd-49be-b0dc-040d7d33d097"]http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=db0e0701-43cd-49be-b0dc-040d7d33d097[/url]
[signature]
There are also lots of them along the Weber river but not so concentrated.

FM
[signature]
There are alot on the way to Lost Creek in the trees. One of them is huge and he just sits there in all his glory. It is real cool.
[signature]
Thats like a mile from my house. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
The trees the eagles are in is directly east of Bountiful Pond on pages lane about 2 blocks, for anyone that was wondering
[signature]
Someone go and get a cool pic for us!
[signature]
i used to go out to farmington bay(fishing for carp) i used to see tons in the winter and spring... in these old dead trees. at least 10-15 at a time..

JOe
[signature]
Have also seen several eagles in Provo Canyon this winter.
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000ff][size 4]Hey there quetepuni, haven't seen you on the site for a while. How is shool going? What studies have you been involved in lately. Good to see you on the site. [/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Technical"][#0000ff][size 4]P. Hopper[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
Farmington Bay is the place right now to see Bald Eagles. But they generally start leaving in a week or two. The gate to the bay is open until 5:00 pm every day. Last week we counted over 100. Last night there was over 40 in 2 trees by my farm just south of the bay. They are worth a look see.
[signature]
Pleco,

Finished my BS in May 2003 and have been working for the DWR in the Central Region since. Currently I'm working on getting into grad school.

P.S. I've never seen a hopping stonefly--must be quite a sight. =)
[signature]
I turned in my pics today to get processed, hope to have them up by tomorrow.
[signature]
we git at least 2 pairs that follow the conneticut river in the spring but with this snow they sure aint gonna come, but they come bout may.june.hope to see em again, this spring,.summer, that is one nice car. i like the old ones anyways. haha least if i git hit in it it aint gonna fold, bend. ahha those were the old days when they knew how to make cars. later just like my hound dog. hhahaha[Smile]
[signature]
Heres a pic from a few weeks ago...
[signature]