Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford reservoir. Preston area
Hey I was in Pocatello for work and thought I'd get my first bass fishing in for the year down south. I drove over to Oxford reservoir tonight and wondered if it had bass in it like the surrounding lakes? And if it's any good. I didn't see much I could do from the shore so I didn't try much.

As a side note winder produced quite a few small largemouth the last two evenings. Hitting on red/orange crankbaits. Lakes are plum full too.

Thanks for any feedback. Just trying to find cool options for when i find myself this way.
[signature]
American falls has bass in it. I don't have much info on it as I've only ice fished it. Has some decent perch too.
[signature]
Appreciate the news on Winder. Thank you.
[signature]
Johnson’s by Preston is loaded with large mouth you might even get lucky and hook into some of the massive tiger musky I have seen slowly cruising the edge. I don’t know how they got in there but man they are huge! Great little lake to explore. Right next door is Lamont and it also has a healthy population of large mouth but are harder to catch from shore
[signature]
Good to know about Johnson's. I tried Lamont last fall with my kid and caught a couple nice ones. I tried it again tonight and only caught rainbows on my bass crankbaits.

I've tried and caught some in winder, condie and twin lakes. What other small lakes should I hit when I'm in the area? Usually I'll have my teenage kids fishing from shore or float tubes.

Thanks
[signature]
Stopped by down there one more time on Saturday where my kid landed this monster!

Side note the fish and game guys who checked my license didn't think Oxford had any bass in it.
[signature]
Give that kid a slap on the back for me!!! Mike
[signature]
Wow, that is a very nice LM bass, any idea on the weight or length?
[signature]
Stared with disbelief when the Scale battery would only blink with a dead battery signal. Length was just over 21 the girth a whopping 15.

A year or so I saw a post with someone catching a 6lber out of twin lake. I looked all over for that photo to compare but couldn't find it. I was guessing it was close to that range though.
[signature]
That's a bummer on the scale being dead but since you have the length and the girth you can figure it out pretty close. This web site says 5.91 pounds:
https://www.fishswami.com/fish_weight_calculator
[signature]