Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone Lake
Didn’t make it up until Monday- but that worked to my advantage- no boats were allowed on the water Saturday and Sunday due to icebergs[shocked].
Anyway I was the only boat on the water the entire day- it rained cats& dogs but fishing was still great! I was a little surprised it was good due to water temp of 37 degrees! Once the water warms a little the macs should come from the deep to play. Managed around 40 cuts and only one Mac.
[signature]
Awesome pics! Glad to hear the ice is off. I was looking at the web cam last weekend and it looked like it was still frozen solid. I love Yellowstone Lake right after ice off!

Thanks for the post!
[signature]
Nice pics, Cutthroat out of that the lake are the best. I usually only get to try once or twice in the summer family camping. Separate trip in the spring for Fishing sounds good though.
[signature]
As the opener came and went, I wondered if you got out again this year. Nice fish. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Ironrod, sounds like you had a good trip. Your pictures from last year really gave me the bug to fish yellowstone lake. I have been looking into all the logistics to fishing the lake. If you would be so kind to answer a few questions, I would really appreciate it. Do you just do a day trip or do you haul your camp trailer and boat in or stay a a rental ? Now the big question, what lures do you suggest and what areas of the lake do you reccomend ? Any other info would be great. Thanks for your help.
[signature]
Gold- spoons and spinners. Although silver/copper colors have had good days. Any shoreline- stay close to back country campsites and you’ll find em. That’s where I camp or on my boat- always on the lake, I’ve never tried the campgrounds- well not for almost 20 yrs. hit the water again on Saturday- almost too nice[cool]
Give it a shot-solitude is worth the extra hassle and $$
[signature]
Thanks for the advice. Good luck on Saturday. Let us know how you did.
[signature]