Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relocation complete
After 6 weeks of packing and 4 runs at 1500 miles each we are out of Cali and in our new neighborhood of the Cache valley. We be in a rental in Hyde Park for at least 8 months while the new house is built. My buddy helped with this last run and pulled my big boat out while I hauled the box trailer so as a reward we going to go hit the gorge at Buckboard for his 1st trip and my 1st “fishing” post for this site is about to be created. Looking forward to meeting new folks and making new friends, if you happen to be out at the gorge this coming week and see my boat (pic below) swing by and say hello.
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Welcome to Utah & BFT. You're gonna love it here. That's a sweet looking ride - ALMOST as pretty as my ThunderJet. [Wink]
[/size][/font][/#800000]

[inline P1010152.JPG]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I did replace the Scotty's shown with 2 Mag 5s & 2 Mag 10s. Ad a couple more DRs to the back corner of your Duckworth and you'll be livin' in tall cotton as they say in the south. Lot's of good local fishing available to you in the Wasatch Front area. Come on down from the valley and join us on occasion. Hyrum State Park is close by and is good for catching rainbows, bass, and perch.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Bob, that picture does no justice to your boat. Got to see it up close and personal to appreciate what a high-class fishing machine you got there.

Just one question: what is that thing that juts out past your motor? Looks like a rocket launcher or something [Wink].
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Lol Bob, yes your boat is very nice [cool]
I have Scotty’s in the back corners, had 4 of them on the boat then wanted the features on the cannons for some of my fishing so running both now. I will definitely try to make it down to the lakes on the front range and hopefully put faces to the names.
[signature]
Welcome to another Calif refugee, I escaped in 1997. My Columbia boat was also built by Renaissance Marine in Washington. I don't do pretty only the blood & guts look. [Wink]
[signature]
Thanks Roger good to be here, hope to see you on the water again soon it’s been a few years sense we meet at the gorge at one of the pot lucks
Alan
[signature]
[b][i]Hi Alan, I sent you a pm but afterwards I looked again at your boat and realized who you are, Elk Hunter. I believe you lived in Elk Grove, if I remember right my son Josh helped out with an AC part. [/i][/b]
[signature]
That is correct [cool]
[signature]

[signature]
[signature]
Good to hear your all up here and out of California. Lets go wet a line. Take care Alan.

Mark
[signature]
Glad to be here Mark, yes we need to go fishing 👍
[signature]
Welcome to Utah! You’re gonna have some fun.[Smile]
[signature]
Welcome to Cache Valley, I live in North Logan so almost neighbors. Nice boat by the way, a lot nicer than mine.
[signature]
Thanks Rod
Really enjoying living here, area and people are assume. We are actually real close currently as we are renting in Hyde Park while our house is being built. If you need a fishing partner some time let me know.
Alan
[signature]
Will do and you do the same.
[signature]