Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson Ranch Kokanee
It has been awhile since I have seen any posts on the Kokanee fishing at Anderson Ranch. Is the kokanee fishing still good at Anderson? I had a cousin who lived in MT. Home that use to keep me up dated on the fishing conditions and I would make a trip up at least once a year to fish Anderson, he became seriously ill a few years back and he passed away. If any one could give me an up date on Anderson I would appreciate it, a PM would be fine, thanks for any help.
[signature]
PM sent
Matt
[signature]
Thanks Matt. [cool]
[signature]
50% of the fish caught this weekend during the tournament had turned red. If you are going you better hurry!
[signature]
We are seeing the same thing in Utah, with the males getting hook jaws. Hey Don, were any Chinook caught at the tournament ?
[signature]
Yes they were, which surprised us, never have caught them that red. Sure were pretty when they jumped. I caught one Chinook.
[signature]
You caught a Chinook, sweet, did you get any pics of it, how big was it?
[signature]
It was small, maybe 16 inches or so.
[signature]
So it's pretty easy to tell the difference between it and a koke?
[signature]
Yes; the chinook has spots on the entire tail, unlike the kokanee, and unlike the rainbow trout, has a black mouth (gums)
[signature]
Right on you can pick them outpretty when you get them in the net
[signature]
Thanks Mike, don't bull trout have black mouths too or is that some other trout?
[signature]