Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake BFT party
Man you guys missed out on a awesome party. I just wished the fishing would of been faster. I don't remember most of the names so if I forget don't think I don't like you or something. It was nice meeting all the new members and a bunch of the older ones. I just want to say thanks to Pikeman and his wife for all the hard work they put into this event. I hadn't been to the other ones but I bet it was one of the best. If you haven't been to a BFT party you really should.

The day started out with a little snow but nothing serious dumped until after everybody left. Most of the guys/girls showed up about the same time. I had fun driving through the snow to get the Joe Bush and nobody got stuck until later.

Everybody caught around 3 smaller trout and a few dinks and perch. I was going for macks on the bottom all day and only got 3 bites. I was the only one that moved out deep and tried in the 90 ft range. After about an hour of getting only one hit I came back to the group to finish the day with them and wait for the chili.

The frog eyes game lasted until we all left. If my brother played he would of finished most of it in 30 minutes. Pikeman and his son ended up taking home just about everybodies money. His boy landed the first fish for the day and with it came 13 big ones.

We all left a little after 12 for chili and a couple people got stuck. A 6 wheeler sunk getting up to the parking lot. I should of took a picture but I forgot I had it until later. Pikeman's wife had the food hot and ready by the time we got to Twin Creeks parking area. After everybody got there fill of some awesome chili and bread sticks we started the raffle. Boy was there tons of good stuff. Pikeman had really out done himself on this one. There was a couple fully set-up poles, which ended up going to the people that needed it most. We had so much stuff from all our generous sponsers pikeman went throught the drawing twice. Pikeman donated a nice cooler and a couple bags of jerky. I know where my deer and elk is headed this year. If you haven't tried some of his jerky your missing out. He could easily make tons of money selling that recipe or the jerky. Hands down that was the best jerky I've ever tasted.

I like to thank everybody who helped make this a awesome event and to all the sponsors who contributed. Pikeman and his wife especially out did themselves. Oh and thanks for the info on the big perch Pikeman. They tasted great last night.

I'm going to let everybody else include there own little stories about this event and what happened. Sorry ocean I didn't get you and your family in the picture.
[signature]
Bring it back to the top for those that missed it or wants to include there own acount of the party.

I'm sure Pikeman and some others haven't seen it yet but I just wanted to say thanks to everybody especially Pikeman and his wife for making this party a great time for all.
[signature]
sounds like you guys had a good time, wish I could have made it to the blowout. maybe next time.[Wink]
[signature]
Well the fishing wasn't anything brag about but it still was fun. It just gave us more time to B.S. with everybody.
[signature]
I was sooo bummed about not being able to make it. Things just fell apart for me the week leading up so I ended up having to stay home. That is my favorite lake to fish in the state.

Since my GF had a lot to do with me not being able to come, she has made a promise that we will make a trip in the spring. I hope a few members would be willing to make another trip then.

Sorry I wasn't there. Sounds like a great time.
[signature]
Curtisfish are you suggesting another BFT party during Ice off or later in the year?
[signature]
It was a blast and after everybody left pikeman took ocean and his family and me and my girlfriend out for some more fishing, it was fun then the storm blew in but it wasnt too bad. we did meet a new member of the BFT ColdFooter was out there with his 2 ice fishing tents, hommade and what a sweet setup he has, they fold up all into a locking case. very nice setup he has.
[signature]
[angelic]Me!? Suggest a party? NOOOO[blush]

I was thinking ice-out (typically late April). Still pretty cold at night, but the bite is unbelievable![cool] I've fished there when half of the lake is open. Just find any structure along the edge of the ice (even though the structure may be 60-90 feet down) and wait for the thumpin. For about the first 3 weeks after the ice breaks up, that lake can easily produce 100 fish days (and I don't mean perch). Although I've never caught that many in a day; The guide, Steve Partridge, that showed us how to fish the lake did on the day we went out with him. The five of us that were lucky enough to be in the right place at teh right time for him to offer his services for free, probably averaged 25 fish each that day.
[signature]
Since it is your idea and you have all that info on how to catch them I let you do this one. I just don't want to have to fight the locals once we start slamming them. I don't know what it is with Utah fisherman but they love to crowd the guy slaying the fish.
[signature]