Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condie
Me and my brother hit Condie on the 3rd. Lots of moss and thick grass. Plenty of small tiny bass and lots of large blue gill. But we only caught one small large mouth in 4 hours of fishing. Kim did see one good bass, but we were disappointed that we couldn't find more. The blue gill are big and fat though, and would worth fishing for.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Randy, how long were these large Bluegill and what did you use to catch them?
[signature]
Hi Curt, we were just after bass. The blue gill would follow and hit on our worms and things but we just had 3/0 hooks. And Kim did foul hook one with a treble hook. The blue gill were everywhere. Large ones at 10 inches and fat. With a small hook and a piece of worm, you could site fish just the big ones. And pull your hook away from the smaller ones.
[signature]
That's pretty cool, can't say I've ever sight fished for gills, I always thought they would spook too easily to do that.
[signature]
Were you fishing from a boat or from shore, I have some grandkids that would love to experience that?
[signature]
You might be able to get some with a bobber from the bank. But you would need a boat to site fish just the big ones. There is at least 6 feet moss everywhere and it would be hard to fish the bank because of all the heavy cover. The blue gill act like they are starving and chasing everything.
[signature]
Easy to sight fish them when they are on their beds, they will take almost anything tossed in their beds, if the boat spooks 5hem off they will return shortly. Lots of fun for the kids.
[signature]
Yes, I have done that before but I thought the spawn was over by now, maybe not at that lake[:/].
[signature]
I've fished Condie a few time the last couple of years.

There was a sign with 10HP restriction. They should change it to fishing only sign.

Any way, I've caught some weird bass there. Long and skinny. It's like they are starving.
[signature]
I haven't fished it since the late 80s, the family and I started fishing it back in the late 70s before it went to a trophy bass fishery, used to catch a lot of LMB and nice bluegill there,not many people fishing it then. Quiet place to go camping with the kids.
[signature]