Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry to vent
We camped over the fourth up by Whitney Reservoir. Sunday night after most of the crowds left we went for a wheeler ride. The wind was blowing hard and in 3 camps we found fire pits with full blown fires with flames burning and a few more that were smoldering. We went back and got a water drum and put out those fires and picked up 4 trash bags full of trash. One kind soul even left a full size barbecue. I didn't have room to haul that out. I just can't figure folks out.
[signature]
Wow amazing how ignorance about fires has still not gotten through to people after last year's fire season from Hell.

Now trash is something that I believe some people think will just melts over time - either that or they try and burn the non-burnable stuff into ashes.

Should pass a new law - if you don't return from camping with a bag of trash you should get fined.

Sad thing is they're teaching the kids the wrong camping habits and it will be carried on to the next generation. Sad
[signature]
It is unfortunate but some folks are slobs.
[signature]
Like Forrest Gump says you cant fix stupid!!! But I would like to take a club and try[mad]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Ya got your quotes mixed up. Forrest Gump said "Stupid is as stupid does."[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It was Ron White who said the other thing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But I like your idea of "applied psychology"...applied with a blunt instrument.
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Said it before and I'll say it again: The masses are asses.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

In a famous cartoon Pogo says, "We have met the enemy and he is us." I went looking for it and discovered that it fits perfectly with what we have here. I still haven't figured out how to transfer images onto posts so here's the site. The story behind the phrase is fascinating, so be sure to read it.

https://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/201...us-phrase/
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Wow! That explains it all. I got a kick out of that thanks.
[signature]
The older I get, the less use I have for people. They are trashy idiots as a whole. Years ago, people left huge piles of trash at a deer camp near our ranch. My uncle's carefully gathered it up and found several old bills that included names and address's for the folks. They boxed up the trash and sent them to each address COD. They included notes telling them in very specific terms what they thought of the scumbags. Why are folks like that? They shoot signs, leave garbage everywhere, don't take care of their fires, open black water tanks while traveling down dirt roads, trespass, leave gates open, ect. I used to think it was a tiny percentage of "Sportsmen" that were the issue. Anymore I kinda thinks its the vast majority.

Stickhorse, thanks for going above and beyond to clean up and put out those fires. You are one of the good guys!
[signature]
Makes my heart sick for the next generation.
[signature]

Problem is it isn't the "next generation" it's the current batch of entitled, lazy, know nothing and do nothing.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Jerry Seinfeld was correct with his saying, "People, they're the worst." I'll never understand the lack of respect for others and the outdoors.
[signature]