Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morman Crickets at Oxford
I hear there is an infestation of Morman Crickets going on near Oxford. I've only seen this once in the 1990's in Northern Nevada. Literally a river of huge brown crickets.
And a while after I seen this I was talking to a catfish fisherman from Oregon and he said Morman Crickets were his favorite catfish bait. And you could in fact buy them dead and frozen sometimes at bait shops.
So I'm going to get me some today.

I have been wanting to try fishing Oxford Reservoir, so I'm thinking live Morman Crickets today at Oxford.[fishon]
[signature]
Give us a report. I fished Twin Lakes last week and caught bluegill but the boats drive you crazy.
[signature]
With the full moon I'm going to wait until this evening to head to Oxford. I am going to get a bunch of crickets to freeze and I will try to keep a bunch alive in taped up minnow traps.
Then I will try them live from the bank at the Reservoir.
[signature]
I found them up at the mouth of the canyon above Dayton. They are fast and a little hard to catch. They run and hide. But I got a couple dozen. We first tried Twin Lakes but it was a boat and party fest and two foot waves in the wind. So I went to Oxford Res. More of a mud hole than a reservoir. There were two foot white capps and no bank to fish. It looked like you would need a tube or paddle pontoon to fish Oxford.
So it remains to be seen if they will be good bait.
[signature]