Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade
The trout bite it on!! We limited with large 'bows, most 16-22". Other boats were also doing very good, but we seemed to be catching larger fish with a troll so slow it wasn't registering on the Hummingbird. 24-34 feet deep water, and we were almost on the bottom. Mike
[signature]
I bet those big bows put up a great fight, how much do you think that 22 incher weighed? I hear that Cascade also has salmon, have you ever caught one there?
[signature]
The fight was really something! No clue ast weight. Yes, there are kokanee and used to be coho, but I am not sure about either these days. Kali and I used to really hammer big kokes opposite the city ramp, on the west side. Seems like the koke numbers have decreased. Mike
[signature]
I think in lakes that have good streams, where the salmon can spawn, they will reproduce naturally but it could be the F & G tried them there to see how it would work out and it wasn't successful[:/]. If you don't mind me asking, what lures or method were you using to catch the bows?
[signature]
Bottom bouncers and Mack's walleye worm harness type rigs.
[signature]
With a setup like that were you trying for perch and walleye? If so, did you catch any?
[signature]
Yes, we were trying for perch, and ended up catching lots of trout and bass, but nary a perch!! Cascade doesn't have walleye. We returned a few days ago, figuring we had it dialed in, and, of course, nada. One 12" trout, that was it. Fishing can be cruel!
[signature]
[quote Kodiak1]Yes, we were trying for perch, and ended up catching lots of trout and bass, but nary a perch!! Cascade doesn't have walleye. We returned a few days ago, figuring we had it dialed in, and, of course, nada. One 12" trout, that was it. Fishing can be cruel![/quote]

Cruel indeed!
[signature]
Well that's too bad, from what you are saying you must have caught the perch with that method before, I wonder why it did not work this time.
[signature]
Well that's too bad, makes me wonder if it's just been a poor year there or maybe something is changing with the lake[:/].
[signature]