Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Perch Fishing at Echo
Cookie said I could go fishing yesterday just so long as I was back when she got up to start putting in the new flower beds. Well I may have missed that mark slightly, but ran over to Echo first thing in the morning Saturday and spent a couple hours slamming perch.

Location - Echo, east side - South Of Marian - off shore in the weeds and willows

Conditions - clear, cool and calm. (did not get temps for air or water)

Baits - small jig heads in yellow, white and purple with white eyes. 2" brown curly tail, 2" split worm body, and 2" chartreuse curly tail - all tipped with worm.

Method - minnows very concentrated in the weeds and willows. predators were just outside that rim where water got deeper. Toss jig over weeds into deep and retrieve towards willows - slam - fish on

Lost a fair bit of gear to retrieval through willows - but was worth it

Some nice size.

Really excited about the numbers of small fry in the weeds. Looks like a great recovery year for Echo

Short video shows location and methods.

https://youtu.be/IRKdzM9e29o
[signature]
That's some fine table fare your chucking back Pirate, but that means more for next year. Did you get your honey do's done? Or is Cookie cussing at her Pirate? Remember what Confucius say "momma not happy, no ones happy" these are words I live by because I like to fish a lot. I just barely got a do you really got to go fishing today? My response does a bear _ _ _ _ in the woods? My beautiful wife's response you will be crapping with the bear if you keep it up.
[signature]
Ya , I threw a few tacos makns back in the brink for you to go get. Did not even save some for bait - TD will be so disappointed in me.

As to them honney-dos - well unfortunately I arrived back with plenty of time left to make raised flower bed boxes. But even if I had not, I had a secret weapon in my pocket - tickets to the Utah Symphony doing the sound track to the background of Star Wars movie. You see I am one of them " Cultured" cowboy-pirates. She did make me take off the hat, though. Dont laugh, that date night won me a couple of more fall trips. Heck she even said I have to take her to Echo to get some of them Perch.
[signature]
[quote Cowboypirate]Ya , I threw a few tacos makns back in the brink for you to go get. Did not even save some for bait - TD will be so disappointed in me. [/quote]

[#0000FF]Not at all. Conservation and discretion are good things. Hard to fish out a lake full of perch, but it stands to reason that the more you leave the more there will be in the future.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Like yourself, I have discovered that paying attention to the niceties...on the distaff side...can add to the potential for kitchen passes in the future. I have learned to live by the saying: "Happy wife...happy life". Not only that, most of us marry above our deserved level. Our spouses usually put up with far more grief from us than we get from them in return. I have long believed that it is a good thing that women are not more like men...for many reasons.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Glad you got into some perchin'. Had a bit of fun on Echo my ownself. Plan to have more before the snow flies. No longer do much drillin' and chillin'.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
What’s the access like? I have an elderly neighbor who had a stroke a few years ago. I would like to get him out fishing where he can catch a few. It would give him something fun to do and give his wife a much needed break.

Can you drive down close like during icefishing season? Thanks in advance.
[signature]

jack of all tackle, master of none
You should be able to get him to the shore in the state marina area. But I have not pulled in there so maybe someone who has could answer that better. The area I was in is a no, as it has a steep trail section, just off the road. The two pullouts near the dam are also options but the water level had dropped a lot, so it may be a tough cast and reel back. Did not look at the inlet areas this time, but think options there are limited. I hope they install some disabled docks on Echo. It would be a welcome thing for us too, to get Buckwheats chair down to
[signature]
Brett, I know a few places you might want to consider down here. Call or send a PM.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Just a follow up. You can get right to the shore via the marina. Seen a truck there today. They had it backed right to the water north of the marina
[signature]