Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
utah lake won!!
well if anyone finds a 15hp johnson out from the knolls lemme know please i just rebuilt it!! also only 1 cat in about 4 hours of fishing, had a rough weekend out there! good thing its hunting season now! [mad]
[signature]
That sounds awful, you mean it is in the lake? There must be a story behind that.
[signature]
I’m with piscophilic there must be a story behind this missing motor. I’m sorry for your loss. I about had that happen and it was the scariest thing.
[signature]
I know most of us have gotten pretty ticked at motors that wouldn't start, but throwing yours in the lake is pretty extreme [Wink].

I have an idea. You might try this. Get a big magnet like they use in large speakers. Use it to troll the area where you lost the motor. No, it won't be strong enough to pull it up but you could detect it and throw out a marker buoy then dive down with a rope and tie onto it. Be sure to have a couple of husky guys along to hoist it in. Just an idea.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Hey Craig, I worked with a guy several years ago that had a clamp on stern mounted electric trolling motor that came off at Willard. We went around the area he said he lost it with a large horse-shoe magnet trying to do just what you suggested. We found just about everything else that was made of any degree of ferrous metal, except that motor.........[:/] Must have come up with over a hundred hooks in various sizes and stages of corrosion......[laugh] then I remembered that his motor was mostly non metal on the exterior. Drive head incased in plastic, shaft made out of some kind of carbon fiber, and a plastic prop.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
If you know someone that has side scan on the finder you might be able to see it if the bottom of the like is smooth in that area.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.