Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodruff Narrows Reservoir and River
Does anyone know anything about this lake and the river coming out of it? I did a search and was only able to find a post from 2015. Didn't know if anyone had any better, more updated information about the place.
Been invited to head up that way and didn't know if it was worth taking my rod and spending any time on the river.
Thanks!
[signature]
I think they lake is basically barren, except for carp, the river is rumored to have cutthroat below the damn but I have never seen evidence of them. More carp in the river and it’s very shallow, except for the area below the spillway.
[signature]
They stocked Tiger Trout in the lake a few years ago.

Someone dumped perch in there and they have taken over.
[signature]
Used to be great fishing the spillway for big browns and bows but that was twenty plus years ago. Drought and poor management have run their toll on the lake and river below. Still plenty of trout that come into the lake from the river upstream. Just not what it used to be in terms of trout. The tigers should be getting big though on perch and suckers.
[signature]
My wife’s cousin owns one of the ranches just around little mountain on the Utah side, me and my sister in law did a kayak float a couple years ago from the damn all the way to his property, what a cool trip, didn’t fish though.
[signature]
My wife's family is from that neck of the woods. I made an inquiry for you. Her brother said its dead. Now, knowing him that means one of two things. Its dead and dont bother....or stay away from my perch....only way to find out, for sure, is try it
[signature]
I’m pretty sure it’s dead, farmers down stream use up most of the water every summer.
[signature]